Both my brother and myself have galaxy a20s phones and both installed an update on 7/29/21. Since the update neither phone can hear anything on calls unless we go to speaker phone or use a headset. We've verified the phone volume is up and not muted. I also use the 8x8 app on my phone for work calls and am seeing the same thing there.
If it were just my phone I would think it was a physical speaker problem but the fact that it happened with both phones right after the update makes me think something else is up. I haven't done a reset yet, and would rather not, any advice?
Provider: ting (via t-mobile)
Solved! Go to Solution.
Jessicaz"s fix did not work for me.
But, that did make me think...
So... What I did do, was switch my sim card from slot #1 to slot #2 and that worked for me.
Guess who won't be doing any more Samsung updates for a while... LOL
I just had to update a few custom ring tones, notification tones and such. because slot #1 and slot #2 are different.
I hope that helps.
let people know if it worked for you.
Good luck everyone.
I can understand how frustrating this can be. I recommend that you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? Here are the steps to clear the partition on your phone.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release the keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.