Original topic:

No longer able to retrieve most of the SIM status since update

(Topic created: 06-18-2021 04:02 AM)
userbZ8zi9REGr
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When updating from Android 10, One UI 2 to Android 11, One UI 3.1, I'm no longer able to retrieve most of the SIM statuses (service status, mobile network status, and mobile data network type)

And without those, my companie's app wont work at all, and Ineed that back as it was, ASAP

Galaxy A01

SM-A015M/DS

Edit:

This is the second time this happens.

My company issues many equal phones to the workers. The only thing not equal is the carriers. For that specific carrier, this happens to all equal samsung phones

They all work before the update, get screwd after the update.

8 Replies
Lrock
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices
downgrade to your most recent backup from before the upgrade
0 Likes
Shayshon
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hi there,

I suggest you take your phone to an authorized service center.

Cheers,
Shayshon
0 Likes
userbZ8zi9REGr
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

What exaclty would the service center do ?

I haven't done any backup whatsoever

0 Likes
Shayshon
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
They have the tools to better assist you.

Cheers,
Shayshon
0 Likes
Owenduh
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I would recommend taking your device to your cell phone service provider and see what they say about your situation.

After all they are the ones with the sim cards.

They may be able to fox your current Sim card or get you a new one for free or very very cheap
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Samsung's authorized repair center is UbreakIfix, try talking to them and see what they say.

Not sure if they are permitted to roll back your device to older software versions, I don't think companies do that due to potential risks relating to security or whatever. Call them and check I suppose

0 Likes
userbZ8zi9REGr
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

One thing I did not mention before: this is the second time this happens. I just now got tired of it.

My company issues many equal phones to the workers. The only thing not equal is the carriers. For that specific carrier, this happens to all equal samsung phones.

They all work before the update, get screwd after the update.

If the service center cannot rollback this dam ""upgrade"", then I don't see a solution

0 Likes
DocBenjamin
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Dude I got a new sim for my Note 20 ultra and it didnt fix issue for me. Havent had service for a week now. Threw the sim in my note 8 to use temporarily while Samsung fixs the issue.
0 Likes