Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Moeskii_bby
Constellation

No option for Hotspot / Tether Galaxy j3

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased this phone in December and its fine. But when try to use the hotspot i do not have an option in settings.  I've tried updating it but nothing.  I haven't tried rebooting / resetting it because i know there should be another way.  I'm with boost mobile but they act oblivious about everything i ask and then transfer me to Samsung who tells me my phone isn't equipped with hotspot/Tethering.

Someone Please Help because I've tried everything I can think of.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: No option for Hotspot / Tether Galaxy j3

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hotspot and tethering is not available on all carriers, which is probably why you're having some problems. If it is available on this device from your carrier you would find it under Settings.

If it's not right there, then your carrier doesn't have that feature enabled for this model.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

35 REPLIES 35
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @Moeskii_bby. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
We certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Moeskii_bby
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @SamsungViv

Thanks for responding so promptly.

Model

SM-J320p

BB Version

J320PVPU1APKS

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hotspot and tethering is not available on all carriers, which is probably why you're having some problems. If it is available on this device from your carrier you would find it under Settings.

If it's not right there, then your carrier doesn't have that feature enabled for this model.

user9iwyYCMhzp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tell me how to connect  my  cell j3 emerge  to my galaxy tab 7 waiting for a  reply 

user9iwyYCMhzp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is bad I'm paying additional cost just to use my tab ...and then it's nothing that's very bad
Do something or change my cell...i bought this tello .com promo trade in to new one
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As far as the hotspot, I recommend contacting your carrier. Connecting devices this should work,

Ensure that Bluetooth is on.

Turn on the Bluetooth gizmo or ensure that its Bluetooth radio is on.

Some Bluetooth devices have separate power and Bluetooth switches.

On the Galaxy Tab, touch the Apps Menu button on the Home screen and run the Settings app.

Choose Wireless & Networks.

Choose Bluetooth Settings.

The Bluetooth Settings window appears.

If the other device has an option to become visible, select it.

For example, some Bluetooth gizmos have a tiny button to press that makes the device visible to other Bluetooth gizmos. (You don’t need to make the Galaxy Tab visible unless you’re accessing it from another Bluetooth gizmo.)

Choose Find Nearby Devices.

Eventually, the device should appear on the Bluetooth Settings window.

Choose the device.

If necessary, input the device’s passcode or otherwise acknowledge the connection.

Not every device has a passcode. If prompted, acknowledge the passcode on either the Galaxy Tab or the other device.

After you acknowledge the passcode (or not), the Bluetooth gizmo and your Galaxy Tab are connected and communicating. You can begin using the device.

Connected devices appear on the Bluetooth Settings window, at the bottom under the heading Paired Devices.

To break the connection, you can either turn off the gizmo or disable the Bluetooth radio on your Galaxy Tab. Because the devices are paired, when you turn on Bluetooth and reactivate the device, the connection is instantly reestablished.

How you use the device depends on what it does. For example, the keyboard can be used for text input, the computer can be accessed for sharing files, and the printer can be used for printing documents or pictures.

You can unpair a device by choosing it from the Bluetooth Settings window. Choose the Unpair command to break the Bluetooth connection and stop using the device.

Only unpair devices you don’t plan on using again in the future. Otherwise, simply turn off the Bluetooth device.

Bluetooth can use a lot of power. Especially for battery-powered devices, don’t forget to turn them off when you’re no longer using them with the Galaxy Tab.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userr5vEigzHtu

If you have the Mobile Hotspot option, like in the screen shot above, you should be able to click on that and set it up. If you don't have that option, you may need to reach out to your carrier to see if it's available for your device through them.  If you can give us the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as carrier, we can look into it some from our side too.

userTzQe2ntcVh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model

SM-S327VL

Baseband Version 

S327VLUDU2AQG1

Carrier

Total Wireless

userr5vEigzHtu
Constellation