Original topic:

Not able to move my apps to my SD Card on my Samsung A12

(Topic created: 07-05-2021 10:16 PM)
userSupaman
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Ok I got the samsung a12 and it will not let me move my apps to the sd it doesn't even show it. But it does show in the camera  to place new pics into sd card. Does anyone know how to fix this?

0 Likes
9 Replies
joshieecs
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
There is a "Force allow apps on external" toggle in Developer Options that enables a button to move apps from internal storage to an SD card from Storage page in App Info. This only started working for me after the Android 11 update.20210706_003803_1956.jpg20210706_003847_1957.jpg
userSupaman
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ok thank u I will see it'll I can update
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Many apps aren't programed to run from an SD card so moving them to one simply isn't an option. Unless these are apps that you've previously moved to an SD card?
userSupaman
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes I have previously place these apps in the sd but on a different phone but I need this because I now only have 8gs left in this new phone
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If that's the case then it's either the software of the new phone or an update of the app preventing it. File an error report here and see what they can tell you and contact the dev of the app and see if their app can be moved to an SD card.
userSupaman
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you
0 Likes
joshieecs
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The new scoped storage model in Android 11 has something like a compatibility layer that makes it work like internal storage, if you force enable it. I don't think apps can even tell they are on the SD or refuse to be moved. (Except maybe system apps.)

There is otherwise a standard Android feature "Adoptable Storage" that merges space on your SD with internal storage, but Samsung has disabled it.
0 Likes
userSupaman
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
So I can't use an SD card
0 Likes
userSupaman
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I've always used one to put pics and apps in so hat the memory in my phone ain't high and now I have 28.8gs used out if 32
0 Likes