Not enough storage for all the apps I want 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JahvontaiM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You have to format the SD card into an internal storage and it'll add on to the internal storage your device comes with. There is a con to doing this though, if your SD card is a cheap, or old card it could put you at risk for losing all the apps you put on the SD card so SanDisk is the best to use. I've been using SD cards to store my big mobile games on as an internal SD card, as long as you don't remove it or reformat it without moving your data to a PC through a USB port, you won't lose your data.

View solution in context

12 Replies
JahvontaiM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'd recommend expanding the storage by getting a micro SD card.
AnonymousCoward
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Looks like cards up to 512GB are supported. While I still think "Setup / Use as internal storage" is capital E Evil, if the OP has the 16GB model, I guess there isn't much alternative.
hot5555
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hey
AnonymousCoward
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
What, do you also use Whisper for tech discussions? 🤪
kakashi_4
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
my phone could hold up to like 1000 games
AnonymousCoward
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The A01 has either 16GB or 32GB of internal storage. That's not a lot now that the size of every app seems to nearly double with every update. Quite a few apps that appear to be light on the all singing all dancing graphics still soak up well over 500MB each! 🤯😱😬🙃
JahvontaiM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I currently have an S10 and just like any other phone the system files take up a bit of space depending on how much you have. Mine has 256gb but if this person has 16gb she probably only has like 12gb open to use so yeah hopefully she has 32gb and isn't blowing her space on big apps like that. 😂
Obsidian89
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Unfortunately you can't transfer apps to the SD card...only music, pictures and videos.
0 Likes
Solution
JahvontaiM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You have to format the SD card into an internal storage and it'll add on to the internal storage your device comes with. There is a con to doing this though, if your SD card is a cheap, or old card it could put you at risk for losing all the apps you put on the SD card so SanDisk is the best to use. I've been using SD cards to store my big mobile games on as an internal SD card, as long as you don't remove it or reformat it without moving your data to a PC through a USB port, you won't lose your data.

View solution in context