Original topic:

Not getting 5g coverage on the A71?

(Topic created on: 1/27/21 8:02 PM)
Karam97
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi,

I'm not getting 5g on my phone and it supposed to be that. I'm only getting LTE! I've got the A71

Any tips
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You will need to contact your current service provider for further assistance regarding 5G coverage concerns.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Farristhewheel
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Check your carrier's coverage map. You could be in an LTE only location
0 Likes
Karam97
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
no actually my coverage map is 5G!
0 Likes
user9AQuA3SmKV
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have note 20 ultra I have spectrum on Verizon network I'm getting LTE NOT 5G WHATS THE PROBLEM AND ONLY 2 BARS SOMETIME 4
0 Likes
userGUPYlKbbnV
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Are you on a post-paid plan or prepaid?  I know that with AT&T you won't get 5g on prepaid unless you opt for the prepaid Unlimited Plus plan which is $75/mth.  IMO you may as well opt for a post-paid plan.  Also keep in mind that using 5g doesn't mean you'll get better streaming. It only means faster download speeds when downloading files or loading websites.  But your website will only load as fast as your processor will allow.  I prepaid a full year which averages $25/mth and I didn't mind not getting 5g because I don't have reason to frequently download large files. Most files I commonly download are images and pdfs.  Very rarely do I need to download a movie.

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, that you include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You will need to contact your current service provider for further assistance regarding 5G coverage concerns.

View solution in context

0 Likes