Original topic:

Note 8 no network or signal after latest update

(Topic created: 09-10-2022 05:07 AM)
usersufTqOT8WC
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Dear Samsung, After  doing latest update I'm having serious troubles with my galaxy note 8 SM950F . network services, signal,emergency call mode only, can't connect to Samsung server as a result CAN'T use any Samsung app. I CAN use any other apps, Google services WiFi, camera etc. I am facing the exact same problem after this latest July update,which i did after triyng to check update. today i tried to go through the community posts, found a solution on this link https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note/Note-8-Issue-Recovery-Steps/td-p/503706     which was provided 2 years ago, and the files to download are no longer there.anyway to get the files please.am stuck20220910_144551.jpg20220910_144609.jpg

Regards

10 Replies
Bslate09
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
First off, I want to say I truly miss my Note 8! It was such a rock solid phone with so many features for the time.
Ok, so I've been tinkering with android phones for over 10 years and have encountered the same issue when I flashed an incompatible firmware to my device due to region issues. I found the stock firmware for your device but you have to be tech savvy and understand some command line commands. Files can be searched for and found here: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note-8/firmware/
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I miss my Note 8. My first android and Samsung phone. I wish I still kept mine. Solid phone.
0 Likes
Bslate09
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Same! I've had the note 9, note 10+, and now s22 ultra since the note 8. But that device just felt perfect.
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The Note 8 was my first introduction to Samsung products, since I was buying budget android phones and not getting the best experience with Android. After getting the note 8, I realized my horrible experience with android was due to the cheap android phones but after using the Note 8, my attitude changed and started enjoying learning and using android. The repairs on samsung are much easier than iPhone.
Bslate09
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yeah that's the biggest thing that I've noticed causes ppl to switch to iphone in the first place. The iPhone NEVER worked for me and I even tried to use one as a secondary and just HATED the user experience. I will only buy a device I know I can repair with relatively little fuss.
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes!! I always tell my customers to try the floor models before committing to any phone and try everything out for themselves to see how comfortable they are. Just because their friends love iphones or whatever doesnt mean they will have the same experience. Everyone is different and everyones needs are different.
Bslate09
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This is exactly it! I wish ppl would be more interested in trying these different Android devices instead of just going with what everyone else is using. There are so many innovative ways to integrate technology into our lives and allowing a single company to tightly control that is just not optimal for society at large. It will only hamper innovation. We need more ppl like you - INFORMING ppl of the rich options we have and encouraging them to try different things! 😎
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thats part of my job as a repair technician. Everyone is different and so are their needs. Just because the crowd is using iphone, doesnt mean that they should use the iphone. Try and explore with different phones. Every phone and system is different and so is the learning curve. But its easier when people are willing to learn.
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The Note 8 was an amazing device. I said was. No more updates coming to this device. It is time to retire this number and put it in the android Hall of Fame. Look for a newer model now. Good luck!
0 Likes