Original topic:

Note 8

(Topic created: 06-21-2022 09:16 AM)
Kiifer
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I swear, I have a 149 IQ and I'm a certified comptia tech, but I been with apple as a developer so long and Microsoft as well, I'm very new to the android format, I'm running 9 pie, I want to upgrade soooooo bad to UI4 and android 12 but I have no spare right now, so my question, (and ty for reading) it's like a compound.. 1st.  Omg I'm going NUTZ.  I can not for the life of me get my text message to make a sound when I get a text.  I have read and reread. Until I'm pulling my Dr Phil hair out.  I need to sujesstions.     And 2nd.   I tried the version version, more I read I found that it's so easily hacked that they don't need to implant a virus to read all our text so any sujesstiond on what message app to use?? Ty for our time and input, I love the Samsung family for things like this.   Oh, I have a s20 FE 5G.  I wanted to ask, it's with verison now, is it hard to convert to my carrier, or, may I ask, I don't mind going to cerison, kinda would like to, however, it will need a new 5g sim, and can or will they transfer my number from straight talk, I'm not under contract.   Ok message problem 1st please.    Ty ty ty
God bless the USA !!
0 Likes
12 Replies
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Well, the 2nd is easier to answer. Samsung has made Google Messages the default messaging app for their new phones. I understand that app is peer to peer (P2P) encrypted. Worldwide though, most people use Whatsapp, which is definitely P2P encrypted, but is now owned by Facebook, so if you're anti-FB...?
Kiifer
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ty I was not aware. Let me see if that may fix my problem. Ty ty ty
0 Likes
Kiifer
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Omg Dan. Over 1Billion downloads. Ty for that info sir !!!!
0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You're welcome.

The issue with these two apps is:

With Whatsapp both the sender and recipient need to both be on Whatsapp.

With Google Messages (GM), if the recipient is not on GM your messages will be sent and received; however, they will be sent as unencrypted SMS/MMS messages.
0 Likes
Kiifer
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I JUST HAD TO CONE BACK!!!! TO INFORM YOU THE SOFTWARE I DOWNLOADED, THAT U TOLD ME TO GET, FIXED MY PROBLEM !!!!! AWESOME HELP MAN.!!!
0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Which software did you download?
0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I honestly don't feel a huge need for encrypted text messaging. SMS/MMS texting has been arould since the 1990s (SMS) and 2000s (MMS) and is that standard worldwide, so you don't have to wonder if your recipient has the same texting app. I use Samsung Messages because it has a scheduling feature the Google Messages does not. https://youtu.be/khxQ_HY2rb4
0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
As to the 1st, ensure:

Notifications for the app you're using is turn on and has the appropriate permissions.

Make sure the phone is not on vibrate or mute.

That the phone is not on Do Not Disturb or Focus Mode.
Kiifer
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Did that. It's none of that but ty
0 Likes