cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Notifications not showing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for trying to help me and yeah it's really frustrating bc most of the time i react back to messages in 10 secs and now it takes me hours because i aint getting the notifications and yeah my friends think i'm ignoring them wich is not true. But i will check the link out, hopefully it helps!!! 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I hope one of the troubleshooting steps helps... But if it doesn't, I hate to say try doing a factory reset because you'd have to re-enter all of your log in info for your stuff, but sometimes with updates files don't download correctly and they cause bugs. Sometimes 3rd party apps can cause issues as well. So maybe a fresh install and you download your most used apps first and see how the notifications work?

Also, if there is a UBreakIFix near you, you can always take your device there and they can run diagnostics on it as well.

Good luck!

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't want to do a factory reset bc then i will lose all my pictures and videos but i can try and bring it to the phone shop i bought it and check out what the issue is 

@Mari_K wrote:

Yes I hope one of the troubleshooting steps helps... But if it doesn't, I hate to say try doing a factory reset because you'd have to re-enter all of your log in info for your stuff, but sometimes with updates files don't download correctly and they cause bugs. Sometimes 3rd party apps can cause issues as well. So maybe a fresh install and you download your most used apps first and see how the notifications work?

Also, if there is a UBreakIFix near you, you can always take your device there and they can run diagnostics on it as well.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can back up your photos using Google photos! That's what I use, it's free and can be used across all of your devices with the Google photos app.

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh forreal? I will do that as secons option then but tomorow i'm going to the same store first where i bought it and see whats up with the phone and if all of that doesnt work then i will back it up and do a factory reset. Btw thank you so much for helping me 

@Mari_K wrote:

You can back up your photos using Google photos! That's what I use, it's free and can be used across all of your devices with the Google photos app.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh yes, for real! Lol. Google photos is great and you can store unlimited high quality photos for free. Glad I've at least helped you find out about Google photos 😊

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes you did help me with that, if the main store can't help me then hopefully factory reset can help me or else it's a bug in the system that Samsung needs to fix

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the people who have the same issue as me, i went to the Samsung store near my city and they told me it was a software issue in the phone they fixed my software and took them 2 hours after that i got my phone back all reseted so i would make a back up first before you go, and now that my software is fixed i get my notifications again. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So glad they were able to fix it for you, but sorry they had to factory reset your phone to fix it ☹️ were you able to back up your photos before they did it? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes i went a day before that and they asked me if i had backed up my phone i said no because it was a new phone so they told me to go home back up it and then comeback the next day so i still have all my things now luckly it's fixed, feels so much better to be updated to stuff again

@Mari_K wrote:

So glad they were able to fix it for you, but sorry they had to factory reset your phone to fix it ☹️ were you able to back up your photos before they did it?