Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usertteWajGWv7
Asteroid

Nougat Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there any way to revert to the Marshmallow update? I hate this Nougat update because my internet keeps on crashing even though the app is always updated plus my messages are not easily sent and my phone always crashes. This didnt happen when i had the marshmallow update so Im guessing the new update had something to do with it. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Nougat Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @usertteWajGWv7.
While there isn't a way to revert back to an older operating system, let's try some troubleshooting steps to fix those problems you've been seeing!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

If those don't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

8 REPLIES 8
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @usertteWajGWv7.
While there isn't a way to revert back to an older operating system, let's try some troubleshooting steps to fix those problems you've been seeing!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

If those don't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userM5qgBvwXPu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My issue is with internet connectivity both through the phone capability by signal, and through wifi. If i am on wifi, the phone takes forever to load ANYTHING. If i turn wifi off, even in the middle of a metropolitan area (Tampa, FL) the signal will show strong, but the system tells me the signal is weak and should revert to Wifi. On Facebook, i cannot load comments, i have seen the same stories for days, and when i comment, it says will post when i am online again, even when i have a strong connection to a secure wifi (home router or work). This issue was not happening before this update. I am using a Galaxy S6 on the Verizon network, and this is the first time i have had this kind of issue. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've noticed several random concerns with the new update. We want to be sure that all these get fixed up as soon as possible! To help our developers and bug fixers find all of these, I ask that you post this again on this thread here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Product-Updates/Announcement-Nougat-7-0-Update-Problems/m-p/7249...
That will place all of these concerns in one place and make it much easier not only to talk to each other but to have those that need to see all of these find them faster! Thanks.  Smiley Happy

userjg04wyHbfG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With the new update it won't let me change my color for the people edge. So how can I change the color?

usertteWajGWv7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think it was announced that People Edge will not be working anymore. 

userOCmHYmPgyg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The people edge was the reason I bought this phone.  I hate it now -- battery drains too fast, screen is way more sensitive -- things seem to open on their own, and doesn't do the single thing I wanted most.  No point in buying another Galaxy -- trust is gone; never know what the next OS will destroy.  

userPp051TtI45
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
These are my problems:
Battery drains mega fast.
Random apps run in background, when not opened.
Camera horrible quality.
Camera cannot crop screenshots.
Camera cannot capture more.
Calendar format harsh & abrasive.
Battery overheats quickly.
Thumbprint scanner doesn't work.
Phone favorites disappeared.
Custom do not disturb does not block incoming texts- allows all.
Apps fluctuate on screen.
Overall the look & function now sucks!
Are you trying to lose customers to Apple?
DoubleT1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello userPp051Ttl45

I have had these issues myself and more!  Have had my phone replaced 4 times!  Still having HUGE problems.  My carrier has been so helpful, but Samsung DOES NOT CARE!  I have even gone to a Samsung store (2 different ones) and had my phone "flashed" and as a final resort, factory reset.  They lost some very important documents that didn't get picked up in the back up, before the restore.  I should have had them saved on OneDrive.  I finally called Samsung and have worked and worked with them.  I finally asked for his Supervisor, got a lady that was rude and not helpful at all.  I finally asked for her Supervisor and she refused to do that!  Seriously?  She offered for me to mail them my phone so they can work on it....WHAT?  I am disabled and that is my only means of communication.  I explained that I can not be without a phone.  Didn't care.....  I said "That's like taking a cane away from a disabled person"......didn't care!  And I agree, they are pushing people to Apple.  We have had numerous Samsung phones and appliances.....and I can't get an ounce of help out of them.  I am about to email the corporate office.  I will also have the local news do a story if forced that far.  I am sorry that you are going through this also.  It is a Samsung nightmare, for sure.  Good luck!