Original topic:

One UI4 Android 12

(Topic created: 11-17-2021 06:29 AM)
princehal
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Well there it is official. Android 12 comes to the A52-5G in February 2012 as posted in the Samsung Members app. So about four or five months after the Google Pixel's, but it could have been worse. 
5 Replies
Logg
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It's ridiculous we have to wait 3 months for an update for artificial reasons. Best argument for Pixel yet
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The Samsung one UI firmware is a customized version of Android 12, which is not the same software that the pixel uses
0 Likes
princehal
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Understood on that. The firmware is not pure Android 12 and therefore it takes some additional time to test and implement. The One UI 4 should add some benefits over the stock Android. So it's a trade off between speed to deliver the update to the phone and user experience. We can see that it becomes a differentiator from other stock Android phones. No problems there. But I can see Logg's frustration at the wait time. But looking at other manufacturers, the wait can be much longer - if it arrives at all. So Samsung is definitely speedier than most, perhaps everyone other Google themselves.
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If you are experiencing issues with your device being slow, I highly recommend you try installing the Samsung Good Guardian's application from the Samsung Galaxy Store, it has built-in features to boost your applications, and also it has a memory Guardian that seems to free up more system memory than the device care app, also I find the battery guardian works perfectly, and by running the application once a week your phone should be faster
0 Likes
princehal
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks for the recommendation. I will try it out.
0 Likes