JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One side of duo charge stopped working

(Topic created: 11-04-2020 09:07 AM)
AdamL
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The left, larger side of my duo stopped working after a couple months of use. The right side still works. I know because I can put my phone on the left side, nothing happens, I move it over to the right, instant charging. What can I do? 
0 Likes
5 Replies
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
hello @AdamL

there should be warranty information in the paperwork that came with the duo. I'd call/chat with Samsung Product support and see if it's covered under warranty and maybe can get it fixed? if you go to www.samsung.com and on the bottom of site is the contact us link,then you can choose product support and can start an online chat with them and let them know what's going on.

I hope they're able to get that fixed for you. I actually ordered the duo wireless charger last week, so please let me know what they're able to do for you!
Solution
AdamL
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I solved it. Product still works fine. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. The fan was stuck on.
AdamL
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
that's a great idea. too bad I threw that stuff away. sounds like i just have a half broken charger now.

thanks for the suggesting, regardless. keep the warranty paper and keep the device out of the sunlight at all times. I think this happened because it would get maybe one of two hours of sun because i kept it by a window. my bad.
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
thanks for the heads up about the sunlight! I still don't know if like it... it's very finicky. you have to precisely position your phone and watch on the charger for it to actually charge. I was going to return it but missed the return window ☹️
AdamL
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I think it's still a good buy, if you have multiple qi devices. It's faster than all my wired charging solutions. it just gets hot, so be aware of that.