cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

OneUI 2.5 - Laggy transitions/animations

Hey all, after my Galaxy M21 updated to OneUI 2.5 I noticed a stutter or lag in recent apps transitions and on the UI in general.

It came out of nowhere and it went away after I restarted my phone, however it got to a point that not even a reboot would help.

I tried wiping cache and it worked but not for long. Desperate, after finding no information online, I decided to disable all animations under developer settings Smiley Sad

Fortunately my endless will to troubleshoot (lol) led me to a Samsung's forum post where a Galaxy S20 owner was experiencing the same issues and suggested to re-enable any disabled apps for the lag to disappear.

I went right away to try it out and that seems to have worked as my phone feels buttery smooth when switching apps and I haven't had the stutter/lag come back like in a full day!

Oddly enough I had disabled just 3 apps (Game Launcher, Netflix and OneDrive). I figured out enabling just the launcher app should do the trick as it's part of the Samsung environment/system, and thankfully it did.

I really hope this helps anyone out there experiencing lag on their phone's UI. I tried other stuff that didn't last for long but this, does put a smile on my face Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Constellation

Re: OneUI 2.5 - Laggy transitions/animations

I have the same problem with my Galaxy M31s. I am solving it via restarting but this means 2 or 3 restart a day for me! I tried your solutoin and I will observe it. I am going to update my answer if I face the problem again. I hope I will not.

Edit: Unfortunately, it started to do it again Smiley Sad

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this issue still happen when your phone is in safe mode?

Constellation

I didn't tried that I don't know how to use my phone in safe mode.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.