JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

OneUI 3.1 Broke Wifi Calling and VoLTE on Tmobile

(Topic created: 03-24-2021 01:08 PM)
user8qc0TEb2Ll
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just updated to OneUI 3.1 yesterday on my Galaxy A71 4G. Immediately after that wifi calling and VoLTE no longer work. (They both worked perfectly just before the update.) The settings are still available and they indicate that both are turned on but the reality is that they are not working. The swipe down screen now simply says "T-Mobile* instead of "Wifi Calling T-Mobile" like it previously did. Also, when in airplane mode, turning wifi back on only, I am not able to place a call thru the phone app. I can place a call thru Google Voice app which uses Wifi Calling. This proves wifi calling is not actually working thru the phone app. I also just noticed that calls force the phone back to 4G {with no wifi on}, indicating VoLTE is also not working as it used to (and the settings option for VoLTE shows it is on). - Please help and Samsung, please fix this! Thank you.

4 Replies
conetopia
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
confirmed for sprint customers as well. it's been an issue for sure the last 10-12 days.
0 Likes
Members_Ukt5HNM
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I also have an A71 4g on T-Mobile. Same problem ever since the update to One UI 3.1. Incredibly frustrating. 

0 Likes
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

To resolve this issue you will need to get in contact with your service provider.

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes