cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Only 1.4 GB Of RAM Usable?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Samsung Galaxy A50 and I has 4 Gb of ram built in. Its says only 1.4 Gb available. I always close all my apps so I wouldn't think that would be causing any issues. Does anybody know what's taking up so much Ram?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Only 1.4 GB Of RAM Usable?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A wide assortment of things. The OS itself chews a nice chunk beings it runs nonstop. If you have biometrics enabled it will, AOD,alarms, edge lighting, Many system apps use ram many times a day. Automatic updates, AR, Carrier Apps I disable all my carrier apps. Also cut down on what apps can run in the background. I always have around 1.3 to 1.5 free at any given time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @userAEIbc0Hfe8 

So here are a few simple steps you can take to see if your issue resolves.

Clear individual app cache:

From a Home screen, swipe up from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
 Navigate: Settings> Apps.

1. Ensure 'All' is selected (upper-left).
     If necessary, tap the Dropdown icon 
     (upper-left) then select All.
  2. Locate then select the appropriate app.
     If system apps aren't visible, tap the Menu icon 
     (upper-right) > Show system apps.
  3. Tap Storage.
  4. Tap Clear cache.
     This option may not be available for some apps

Clear all cached data:

1. Settings > Device Care > Tap OPTIMIZE NOW (if not available, tap Storage then Clean now)

Hope this bit of info hepls in any way. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A wide assortment of things. The OS itself chews a nice chunk beings it runs nonstop. If you have biometrics enabled it will, AOD,alarms, edge lighting, Many system apps use ram many times a day. Automatic updates, AR, Carrier Apps I disable all my carrier apps. Also cut down on what apps can run in the background. I always have around 1.3 to 1.5 free at any given time.

View solution in original post