JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone got locked after recent update

(Topic created: 12-06-2022 02:33 AM)
tunnex26
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My phone got locked after the Samsung update, i only inputted correct password once and Samsung locked my phone for 24 hours

This is unfortunate, I don't know what caused this but I didn't have multiple pin entries and Samsung locked my phone for 24 hours, I can't do my business now for several hours 

I need an explanation for this, is this some glitch or what?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
tunnex26
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm using Samsung Galaxy A52 4G, I was able to unlock the phone remotely after waiting for 24 hours using Samsung find my mobile

View solution in context

11 Replies
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That's odd, but I don't doubt it - it's almost as if someone in the programming / development department is intentionally trying to sabotage the company by putting forcing annoying apps, or making changes that will make people not want to buy Samsung phones anymore. I've owned only several Samsung (Note series) phones for the last 15 years, and I plan on looking into a different manufacturer when it's time to upgrade.
Well, regardless of my ramblings, I do suggest you log into your Samsung account (either through a PC or use someone else's phone). I believe you should be able to unlock your account. If not, you can send a support text message and see if they (either an agent or virtual agent) can unlock your phone.
0 Likes
tunnex26
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for this suggestion, but I can't afford to lose my data, this is really annoying

I can't trust these people anymore

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I didn't say you should reset your phone. I just said you should unlock your phone. You can also text Samsung support at 800SAMSUNG.SmartSelect_20221206_060018_Messages_1000003230_1670324418.jpg
0 Likes
tunnex26
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

i had done that remotely but it said it cant be done due to many failed attempts

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
With the text option, you would be speaking to a live agent.
0 Likes
tunnex26
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks

0 Likes
Puti
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It's not hard to understand that with updates comes changes. Your carrier is last to decide to change the updates that Samsung sends. Youre mad? You'll be furious switching phones and seeing the same thing but worse on another phone.
Puti
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
First off, what phone do you have?
0 Likes
tunnex26
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm using Samsung Galaxy A52 4G, I was able to unlock the phone remotely after waiting for 24 hours using Samsung find my mobile

0 Likes