cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scarface0527
Asteroid

Phone not charging when plugged in even after hard reset

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the crappy Samsung j3 emerge thru boost.  I know I know it was all I could afford.. anyway,  phone was fine all the way up to this morning when I awoke i saw it was at 15 percent.  I've had it plugged in all day and 20 percent now, more than 12 hours later. I did the usual,  swapped out chargers, check port for lint, removed battery and held the power button for drain off, nothing. Now I've even hard reset my phone after doing a backup losing valuable and intensive data I had in a journal that doesn't back up even to sd let alone any clouds. I've had nothing but headaches from this phone ever since I got it. It's not user friendly  by any means,  I can't change the font,  if it didn't say Samsung on the front of it, is think it was another limited Apple device . Any suggestions would be great cus Boost  sucks as well and im about 10 seconds away from chucking this thing in the garbage and going out tomorrow and getting another el cheapo Nokia flip, at least the battery on that would last me more than 5 minutes.  Did I mention that I am using marshmellow and that the phone insurance company just sent  me this phone brand new three weeks ago? We are supposed to get more technologically advanced as we go, quit making crap that doesn't work. 

~ Fly With Me ~
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Phone not charging when plugged in even after hard reset

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good morning @Scarface0527

Just a few questions. When you performed that factory data reset, did you immediately reload all the old apps and information you had in the device, or did you try testing it in its empty default state? I just want to make absolutely sure it wasn't an app running down your battery. I know it most likely wasn't, but doesn't hurt to check. If you did test it in default and the charging error was still there, I would recommend reaching out and scheduling a repair. You can do that by calling 1 800 726 7864, using the Samsung+ app, or reaching out to one of the moderators here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good morning @Scarface0527

Just a few questions. When you performed that factory data reset, did you immediately reload all the old apps and information you had in the device, or did you try testing it in its empty default state? I just want to make absolutely sure it wasn't an app running down your battery. I know it most likely wasn't, but doesn't hurt to check. If you did test it in default and the charging error was still there, I would recommend reaching out and scheduling a repair. You can do that by calling 1 800 726 7864, using the Samsung+ app, or reaching out to one of the moderators here.

View solution in original post

Scarface0527
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually, the problem resolved itself later the day of the hard reset. I did not restore the apps and apks,  for I,  too, was thinking perhaps this was someone's idea of a cruel joke to sabotage an apk with either a massive battery drain program and/or a preventive charging program of sorts. Sure as fire, over the course of the day, after the factory reset and not reinstalling any of the apps that I had before, it resumed a healthy charging rate, and since then, I've had no similar problems. I did have a question though. I read online that these apps out there that claim to.repair the batteries,  via a dead cell restore,  or other methods through the means of an app or apk is fictitious? That at this point there simply cannot be an app that can indeed repair an Android battery ? 

Btw, thank you for your time in this matter, I feel like an idiot for blaming Samsung when the fault was mine alone for downloading an apk outside of the play store. I never did figure out which app/apk it was. I thought with two paid antiviruses onboard,  my j3 emerge  was safe from all of it . Now I know .

Edwin Vaske aka Scarface0527

*Mod removed personal information*

~ Fly With Me ~
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSMwArcnO69

Well I am certainly glad t hat your phone started to work correctly again after that factory data reset. Side loaded .apks can always be a little iffy. I haven't really found a battery monitoring app that didn't drain the battery more than it saved. The problem with those apps, at least the ones I have encountered, is that they have to run in the background to monitor all the other apps, which uses more power than they save. Of course I haven't tried them all. Anti virus programs can be much the same way, and we do have our own protection software built into the background of your phone, Knox, which we update regularly.