Other Mobile Devices

My phone shuts off at 40% um not sure why I have a sky pro thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Other Mobile Devices

For this particular issue you should first eliminate the possibility that the problem is caused by a software glitch. Remove the microSD card of the phone if you have one installed then backup your phone data. Once a backup has been made start the phone in recovery mode then wipe the cache partition of the device. Follow this up with a factory reset. Do not install any apps in your phone after the reset has completed. Try to check first if the issue still occurs. If it does then this is most likely caused by a faulty hardware component already, possibly the battery. The best thing to do right now is to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.

How to Wipe Cache Partition 

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times 9.to highlight Wipe cache partition.
6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

How to Factory Reset  Device

Turn off your phone, then press and hold the Power/Bixby key and Volume Up key, then press and hold the Power key. Release the keys when the Android mascot appears. When the Android system recovery menu appears, use the Volume Down key to select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and press the Power/Bixby key to proceed.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

kattiedid
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I got this phone from my son and it won't let me reset phone without putting in his password he can't remember it
0 Likes
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If that is the case I would recommend going to a Samsung Experience Store or a Local Ubreakifix store if you are not near a Samsung Experience Store and asking for a FRP inlock on you phone. That's the only way to get around that lock on his device.  You will need you Son to get a proof of purchase with the IMEI of the device that you are unlocking for this process as well.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes