Original topic:

Photo transfer from old phone with a failed screen

(Topic created: 09-13-2021 08:22 PM)
CarRus
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Have a Samsung A50 that the screen has failed on. Is it possible to transfer photos from it to the warranty replacement that I have now (same exact phone)?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Androideducator
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Are your photos saved to the SD card if so just put the SD card in the new phone. If you don't have an SD card very one and transfer from internal storage to SD card. Aren't they backed up in Google photos anyway. Any questions let me know.
0 Likes
CarRus
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It's my wife's phone and she had apparently disabled Google sync... Phone powers up but no screen functionality to unlock the pattern lock. No SD was in use unfortunately.
0 Likes
SapphireEX
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Depends on numerous factors.
1. Is the phone rooted? If so, reboot to your custom recovery, and use ADB to extract the data.
2. Did the device have a screen lock? If it did, does the digitizer work well enough to unlock it? If you can unlock it, or it has no protection, simply connect a USB and pull the files directly. SmartSwitch may be able to help.
3. Did you use Google Photos or similar software? Photos may automatically backup your photos without intervention.
0 Likes
CarRus
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Phone isn't rooted, had a pattern lock in use, SmartSwitch isn't registering the old phone with or without a USB cable between the 2 phones. She had Google sync disabled for some reason...
0 Likes
SapphireEX
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
How important are these photos? You can find knockoff screen replacements for very cheap on eBay and such. Usually (especially for Samsung, as Knox is a **bleep**) you need to unlock the phone to get any kind of USB work done.

If that's not an option, USB OTG may help. But if your computer isn't reocgnizing the phone to begin with you may be out of luck on that front.
0 Likes
CarRus
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks for the input!
0 Likes