cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAeedgN7tSX
Constellation

Picture size changes when sharing through gallery

I have a samsung A50s.  The picture size doesn't change when I share pictures directly through Wechat, however when I share pictures from gallery to Wechat the picture size changes to a much lower size. For instance, I had a 6.74 MB picture and when I shared it to my friend's WeChat  through gallery, she got it as a 75.94 kb picture but she got the full size when I just directly send the picture from my Wechat to her Wechat. How can we solve this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Picture size changes when sharing through gallery

@userAeedgN7tSX Have you made sure that your phone and apps are up to date on its software?

userAeedgN7tSX
Constellation

My phone, app(Wechat) and gallery are up to date.  Is there something else I need to do?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It is a normal function for the images to be resized from the Gallery. This is due to restrictions placed for sending multi-media messages. It actually seems the Wechat app has found a way to bypass that feature. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.