JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Please fix the XCover Pro issues

(Topic created: 08-17-2021 10:21 AM)
LightGuy48
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Is anyone at Samsung listening about the issues with the XCover Pro? 

I have been a huge fan of Samsung over the years but this phone has to be the most disappointing product I have ever used and this is now my 4th or  5th Samsung phone.

Issue #1 - Adaptive brightness DOES NOT work!  It may work briefly after a reboot but then it gets stuck at full intensity, there is nothing worse than having your retinas blasted out the back of your head trying to answer an emergency call or email in the middle of the night!  Yes Samsung some of us are on call at night and have to use our phones in the middle of the night and don't want to be blinded!

Issue #2 - How can you make a phone that no longer has the ability to disable the vibrate function at night without shutting it completely down (i.e. DND)?? I'm on call at night, I need my phone to alert during certain critical events and DND is not an option.  Every Samsung phone I had previously had the ability to shut off the vibration so it would not vibrate with every notification, now I can only select different patterns, there is no mute or intensity control to shut it off - fix it!!

Issue #3 - Notifications are not always following app settings, I will go in and set an app with a custom sound so I can identify what it is and then the phone still plays the Default Notification about 50% of the time or it plays both.  Highly confusing.

Really, really disappointed that such basic features are so poorly implemented or not functioning at all.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

We appreciate the feedback and are forwarding it accordingly.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

4 Replies
LightGuy48
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Wow... 

Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

We appreciate the feedback and are forwarding it accordingly.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

LightGuy48
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Geesh even the Samsung forum is broken.... retyping my reply for a 2nd time...

I received a system update last week to my XCoverPro and it has changed the brightness/intensity issue.  Now it appears to be disabled even when switched on the intensity can only be manually adjusted - I guess that is one way of fixing it - just disable the feature so it won't blast you with 100% intensity

LightGuy48
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

And now after another update it's 100x worse - apparently Samsung did something to try to fix the problem and a service called Camera Light Sensor sucked down 65% of my battery today!!!

That is absolutely INSANE battery usage!!!