JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem in A20s after update Android11

(Topic created: 08-10-2021 03:43 AM)
Rokib
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Last week I updated Android 11 in my Galaxy A20s phone. After that I can't hear anything, when I call someone or receive someone's call. Several times I contucted with samsung customer service. They asked me they can't take any action for international phone ( Though I purchased it in USA at microcenter). One of their guy asked me to go to ubreakiFiz for servicing  I went there and they asked me they do not service any international product even though it have warranty. ..... I waate several times and huge gime for this issue....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
A-Winger
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If anyone is still having this problem, someone else found that switching your sim card to the other slot seems to fix the speaker issue

View solution in context

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Even if you play a music?
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I completely failed to understand what you were trying to say
"One of their guy asked me to go to ubreakiFiz for servicing  I went there and they asked me they do not service any international product even though it have warranty. ..... I waate several times and huge gime for this issue...."

Have you checked with your carrier to see if they can help?

0 Likes
userEn6MSMoJ7w
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I updated my A20S yesterday and I am having the same issue. I was making calls earlier then updated and nothing. I can still play music and watch videos but that uses the bottom speaker. I can also use the speaker phone option to hear calls. But the normal call speaker, on the top of the phone face, doesn't work anymore. I highly doubt this is a "take it to a repair shop" fix. This sounds like a coding error with the update. Since the main speaker was working and now only the loud speaker works
0 Likes
A-Winger
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It's an error with the oneUi 3 update that's causing the top speaker to not function. I hope a patch comes out soon, in the meantime I'm using speaker phone for all my calls
0 Likes
Solution
A-Winger
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If anyone is still having this problem, someone else found that switching your sim card to the other slot seems to fix the speaker issue
klm24fan
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you! After switching to T-Mobile, I made 1 call using the handset/top speaker, and then it stopped working for calls. I've spent the last two weeks making every call over speaker phone, even though the diagnostics tool here in Samsung Members showed that the in call speaker was working fine. I spent hours searching for a fix and messing with settings - tried everything short of a factory reset, and just now saw this thread. I switched the SIM card to the other slot and it works! You made my day!
A-Winger
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Glad it helped!
0 Likes