Original topic:

Problem with Bluetooth device

(Topic created: 11-21-2022 09:32 AM)
userDMNy9hYY86
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have a A42 cell phone. There's a device that shows as available device but is not one of my apps. It causes my smart TV to try and pair with it. I don't know how to remove it from available device in my Bluetooth settings.??
10 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Are you asking for the TV or your phone? Also is it an app or device?
0 Likes
userDMNy9hYY86
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I think I have to get it off my cell phone.
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Okay. Explain briefly what you are trying to accomplish. Because from what i can construct from your OP, are you trying to connect your phone to your TV? When you scan for Bluetooth devices, you see a device you don't recognize? If so, that's normal. Any BT device within range will show.
0 Likes
userDMNy9hYY86
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
While watching TV a message pops up asking if I want to connect to BT-6 ... I do not use a device on my TV. So I looked on my cell phone to see if something was listed. I see something isted as an available device ZRS113142 .. I do not have this device and no clue what it is for.
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ok. So hopefully your TV has some Bluetooth settings you can go into and look at the options it has. If you don't use any BT device, just turn BT off for the TV. It seems like your TV is always scanning for BT devices. And that device you see is just within range...possibly your neighbors device.
0 Likes
userDMNy9hYY86
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you for trying to help me. I do have a Tribit Bluetooth speaker that is paired to my TV. I delete the BT-6 and it just keeps coming back. As annoying as it is I guess I'm stuck with the problem. Thanks again.
0 Likes
userDMNy9hYY86
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I guess I should have added that I've tried to remove it from my TV speaker list and it keeps coming back. That's why I looked at my cellphone to see if it was somehow trying to connect that way.
IT DRIVES ME CRAZY while I'm watching TV...LOL
0 Likes
JohnnyHarrisonIII
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Some devices such as Sony NFC devices will not connect to Samsung I don't know why I seen the same problem Bluetooth speakers yeah like XRS SRS XB those those series then they will not work unless you got an awesome Bluetooth speaker or unless you call the company and let him know you want to hook it up or something
0 Likes
userDMNy9hYY86
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you. From what the other person posted it appears my Samsung Smart TV is continuously scanning for devices in my range. I've been trying to see how to stop that BUT I can't find how to stop it from scanning.
0 Likes