JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problems with menu button and back button on a Samsung Galaxy j7 Prime

(Topic created: 04-19-2018 02:29 PM)
userJWwvaIre92
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm a new and proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy j7 Prime and I've only had this phone for about a month-and-a-half now and as today of July 23rd 2017 my back button and my menu button have both stopped working and they are not even lit up if anybody can help me please let me know. 

46 Replies
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello there, @userJWwvaIre92
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userzsR68NKRSp
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I tried this but it doesn't work

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If you've tried all the troubleshooting steps already mentioned then about the only other thing to do would be to either try a factory reset or reach out to your Samsung regional support for an evaluation and repair.  🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userdDZGGyHjer
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

J7 prime back button phone on not working help me

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

userdDZGGyHjer, have you tried restarting the phone?

0 Likes
userslgwlxRrMG
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Off your phone remove your simcard and insert again then normal reset it will work now.

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey, @userdDZGGyHjer, were you able to find a solution to this?

If you are still having some trouble, please try to wipe your cache partition by following these steps:

1. Power off your device
2. Power it back on by holding down the Volume Up, Home/Bixby, and Power keys.
3. When you see the Android laying down, wait for 30 seconds until it boots into the Recovery Menu.
4. From here, use the volume up/down keys to highlight "Wipe Cache partition" and select it with the power key.

If you nee help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

userozXkLCeuOv
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

J7 Pro got wet, just barely but still got wet. The home button still works fine but the back Touch button and the old processes Touch button or menu Touch button quit working. I tried the cache partition thing with no luck, any other suggestions? I really like this phone and will still continue to use it it would just be more convenient if these two buttons worked. Thank you very much.

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I would recommend having a tech take a look at it. The water may have damaged the buttons to where they need to be replaced.

0 Likes