JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problems with menu button and back button on a Samsung Galaxy j7 Prime

(Topic created: 05-24-2019 11:38 PM)
userJWwvaIre92
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm a new and proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy j7 Prime and I've only had this phone for about a month-and-a-half now and as today of July 23rd 2017 my back button and my menu button have both stopped working and they are not even lit up if anybody can help me please let me know. 

userh13CROzZGP
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

wow... this really worked for me. thanks for the suggestion.

userh13CROzZGP
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
this worked for my samsung C7 pro...
thanks 🙂
0 Likes
user3CVTT1SWuP
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

That worked for me this time, the other time I had to do what someone said on page 3 of this topic:

If you are still having some trouble, please try to wipe your cache partition by following these steps:

1. Power off your device
2. Power it back on by holding down the Volume Up, Home/Bixby, and Power keys.
3. When you see the Android laying down, wait for 30 seconds until it boots into the Recovery Menu.
4. From here, use the volume up/down keys to highlight "Wipe Cache partition" and select it with the power key.

userLwwGdgQ4CY
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you. This worked. My back button is now functional

0 Likes
userslgwlxRrMG
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Use other option, go to accessibility, dexterity & interaction, then assistant menu. Enable assistant menu and special cursor will pop up on screen including return botton, etc.

0 Likes
user68Wg5kHFGN
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
even a hard reset did not fix the problem
0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-726-7864) or through the Samsung Plus App to get an evaluation and repair set up. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userODqTLYo2Yq
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I,ve had this phone for a few months now and it had no problems , i update 7.0 nougat and now my phone is broken 

My back button won't work

My whole phone os buggy , it randomly opens the settings of the apps I'm in

While im watching a YT vid or something it will just go to the home screen.

I,ve udated most my apps and checked for updates

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

userXR0WfwNUaJ
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
both of my hard buttons failed randomly. then they worked then stoped again. phone is screwed by design. I've been a faithful Samsung customer since 2004 and went threw all the reset steps with customer support and they want me to send it in for a evaluation. Im a buisness owner i can't loose my phone calls like that. im debating just buying a diffrent brand and starting from scratch with Iphone because i feel screwed in this process. Goodluck man. Justin P.
0 Likes
userhkNi31sZVM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just rebooted the system. The back button on this P.O.S. still wont work. You must think were all stupid. These phones are designed to fail. More failure - More money !! 

0 Likes