Original topic:

Protect Battery

(Topic created: 06-06-2022 07:03 AM)
Jess04
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hey Samsung,

I like how you added the ability to protect the battery by using the aptly named, Protect Battery feature. The problem however, is that you failed to allow the feature to be automated or scheduled without the use of Bixby Routines. I received a notification this morning stating:

Routine stopped due to issue
Full Battery is structured so that it will repeate continuously. To prevent this, it has been turned off.
("Full Battery" is the title of the Bixby Routine I HAD to create in order to automate Protect Battery from reaching 100% while being able to charge higher than 85%)

Can you please eliminate the need to automatically turn off a constantly running Routine if you aren't going to allow for the natural automation of Protect Battery? I'm trying to protect my battery and everyone else's that I set this feature up for! Why would you cause the Routine to stop when it isn't causing an issue the way the notification title claims AND when I didn't authorize it to stop?

Please fix all of this! And optimize your batteries better. The iPhone 13 Pro Max is beating you right now in that department!
2 Replies
SteadyStatus21
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello @Jess04!

I would absolutely agree with you, Samsung could release software updates that could optimize the battery usage of their phones. I typically charge my phone at night, and let it get to 100%, but if the protect battery feature allowed for a certain percentage to be selected, it would greatly benefit many people in the community. 

-SteadyStatus21

0 Likes
Jess04
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Exactly!
I had the Bixby Routine set to automatically turn on Protect Battery after my battery reached 95%. This morning was the first time the device had turned the routine off. Hopefully if it DOES continue to do so, it does it very seldomly.
0 Likes