Original topic:

RCS Universal Support in U.S

(Topic created: 10-02-2021 11:52 AM)
userzbC3NRxlWI
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hello,
Is the RCS Universal Profile ever going to come to the U.S and be cross carrier? Will the phones in the U.S get Google Messages instead of Samsung Messages? I think with the release of One UI 4.0 would be a good time to include Google Messages as the default messaging app. I also heard that the U.S carriers also decided to include Google Messages as the default on all Android phones, when does this start and does it include only the newer phones going forward or will the older phones get a software update? Downloading Google Messages to get RCS isn't really a full solution, because you would also have to tell everyone else to go and download it in order to get RCS capabilities. The idea is to have it stock on the phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The Universal RCS chat feature will eventually become standard for all Android devices, but all the carriers have to be on the same page for this to happen

View solution in context

5 Replies
ShortyMa
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
RCS for the US is up to Phone Carriers to decide if they want to implement it or not.
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
All the carriers plan on implementing a Universal RCS chat system for android devices
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The Universal RCS chat feature will eventually become standard for all Android devices, but all the carriers have to be on the same page for this to happen

View solution in context

Whatsinth3box
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Or, hear me out. You could just install Google messenger? Best part about devices is that it's up to each individual to add or remove what they prefer. (Minus the provider/manufacturer bloat)
0 Likes
mizfitz13
Halo
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I preferred samsung rcs over Android messenger for the petty reason I cannot get the full emoji and their ugly appearance on Google. I also feel that if I was using it as stock, it should continue to be available.
0 Likes