Options
Other Mobile Devices
How do you stop radom apps from appearing/ downloading on a Samsung A51 phone
7 Replies
Shadie21
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Who is your carrier, and do you download apps from places other then the play store?

I'm gonna assume it's, boost mobile and it's trying to install apps they advertise or they feel is recommended. Pretty much one of those boost mobile apps is the cause
Samsung Galaxy S7
TwinMama18
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It is my daughter's phone and she has Boost mobile
0 Likes
Shadie21
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You can try going into system settings/apps and disable them from there, and they won't show up in the phone's app drawer with the rest of your apps
Samsung Galaxy S7
TwinMama18
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I will try that. Thank you 🙂
panaphobic
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
What happened is she likely downloaded an app on her phone that's downloading other apps. There's a lot of sketchy apps out there that do things they aren't supposed to do. Likely she downloaded an app to do something but it's doing that as well. Go through the phone and uninstall the apps she doesn't need, and see what happens. You can also factory reset the phone to see if that resolves the problem.
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If the app was downloaded from a random website then you might need to use safe mode, then you can review your apps and delete any user apps without them having the ability to run or install another app.
Hold your devices power button till you see power off. Press and hold power off (on your screen) till you see safe mode and click it to reboot into safe mode.
In safe mode check settings>apps for any app you want to delete.

After your done there should be a constant notification that allows you to exit safe mode.
0 Likes
shojosho7
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Just named myself to the community thanks for allowing me into all this continuing adaptations to hi-tech change that is like to learn until it ever stopsyaknow
0 Likes