JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[Re-open] Galaxy A52S 5G, Phone freezes and reboot right after camera app opened of photo made

(Topic created: 06-25-2022 01:12 AM)
userP2jnf2Dh41
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi. Since two, three days my phone started suffering from freezing just after camera app was open.

It occurs in different scenarios (purely random):

1. Immediately after Camera app was open
  2. Few seconds after
  3. From time to time camera allows to take one, two photos, then it freezes
  4. Quick open camera (double tap on side button) usually freezes

Phone freezes completely and either forced reboot is necessary or it shuts down itself.

Basically it makes one of its core features unusable and sets up high risk of losing data by accidental camera open.

I've tried most of suggestions found over internet including:

1. Resetting camera preferences together with data & cache wipe
  2. Leaving the phone turned off for certain amount of time
  3. Today I've even performed factory reset

None of that helped.

Problem began like two days ago, there was no major software update, no manual software modifications, no physical accident such as getting phone wet, fall damage or high temperature.

Are there any solutions, known bugs or is it hardware malfunction and I should contact authorized service?

Occurs on: Galaxy A52S 5G

Android 12, OneUI 4.1 March Update

There was proposed solution:

Try this. Turn off the device. After its powered off, Press and hold the Volume Up key and the power button at the same time. When the android logo appears release all buttons. After the next screen comes up use the volume down key to navigate to "wipe cache partition", use the power key to select this option. After its complete, if there is an option for "repair apps" do that. If not just navigate to "reboot system" use the power key to select.

It did not help. Problem returned after making a first photo with 64mpix camera. Then any other photo froze phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I understand your concerns on this situation and I will be happy to assist. The good news is that it's most likely a software issue and not a physical problem with the camera. I know you have stated that you have completed a few steps already but try these steps in this order https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001329. If you are still encountering any issues, please visit a Samsung walk-in service center or you can schedule a repair service online.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I understand your concerns on this situation and I will be happy to assist. The good news is that it's most likely a software issue and not a physical problem with the camera. I know you have stated that you have completed a few steps already but try these steps in this order https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001329. If you are still encountering any issues, please visit a Samsung walk-in service center or you can schedule a repair service online.