cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabion
Asteroid

Recovering Data from an App in Samsung A8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Unfortunately, I couldn't find these forums and I have asked my problem at dev forums of Samsung. Smiley Very Happy Ron has suggested me to ask here. I hope I am at right place now.  I will quote all conversation here what I wrote on dev forums:

"I don't know if I am asking this question to right place, if not I apologize from everyone.It is my first time here and I hope I can find an answer for my trouble. It is even good to get an answer as "yes" or "no" instead of nonsense answer I got from random websites or getting promotional software ads as an answer. 

I have Samsung Galaxy A8 2016 device. Firstly I should tell you that, I didn't get any backup from a messaging application at all. Actually I have in Google Drive but it is not working. I have tried to recover it several times. It is my recent question about recover data on Samsung and what I got as an answer from a website. I have done all those steps and many others which I got answers from Android Stackexchange. However they didn't work at all. I lost my datas at June. I still have my backups on Google Drive. I have very important data on my text messages on the application. Somehow the application has been deleted because of some reasons. It is really long tale and it is actually about my stupidity. 

My question is there is any technical way to recover data on my own in my A8 device? I am not a developer but I am desperate about the situation. If I find someone knowledgeable about recovering my data? Can he really help me and it costs very expensive? I gave up the idea from recovering from Google Drive because I have tried it million times. (Even in different devices) I need suggestions... Thank you all those who will answer me."

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Recovering Data from an App in Samsung A8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @gabion, You are welcome. Yes, I would definitely recommend backing up your device to the Samsung Account. Just make sure you are logged into your Samsung account on your device.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @user5vo5kbJE5Z, Thank you for the information you provided. Did you back up your information to your Samsung Account?

gabion
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Rondo, thanks for the answer. Well... To be honest I feel like an ignorant now. I didn't even know that I could take backup to my Samsung account. So the answers is "No" unfortunately. I only used Google Drive.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @gabion, You are welcome. Yes, I would definitely recommend backing up your device to the Samsung Account. Just make sure you are logged into your Samsung account on your device.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
gabion
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you very much. I did it now. I think I will not able to recover those conversations. Actually I knew I needed a miracle. Thanks for being kind and for your answers. 

userDubBXiIyWL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is another way that you can use Samsung Data Recovery software,it is specially designed for Samsung device and it has powerful method to scan and recover data on computer.