cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Regarding personal hotspot not working with PCs

Hello all,

I am using Samsung M30s and facing a problem with personal wifi hotspot. My wifi hotspot is wirking with all mobile phones but not working with my laptop. This problem I am facing after recently updated my mobile phone. kindly help.

Thanks

Rajesh

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Regarding personal hotspot not working with PCs

Hey there!

Thank you so much for reaching out for assistance.

However, I would recommend reaching out directly to your carrier as Mobile Hot spot is a carrier enabled feature.

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Its also happening to me on my samsung j2. Mobile hotspot from my j2 will allow connection with other mobiles. But when i try to connect my PC or laptop it says cant connect to this network. Allowed devices feature is turned off so its definitely not that. My carrier allows mobile hotspot (Vodafone).

I hard resetted my device but this issue persists.  Help ASAP.

Highlighted
Constellation

The solution is not working for me. As it is mentioned in the solution that hotspot is carrier enabled feature, I have tried with different carrier in my mobile. Still, it is not working. Moreover, I have inserted my both the simcard in different handset, in this case it is working. Before updating my, same device with same carrier, hotspot was working. 

Kindly look into this matter as i am unable to use hotspot.