JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Removal of the option to remove battery in modern mobile devices.

(Topic created: 10-16-2021 05:49 AM)
userTPkAi4oOVF
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So... your older mobile phones had an opinion to remove the backplate to remove the battery. In new ones you can't do that. It's one piece, the only thing you can open is the memory card/SIM card deck (which is difficult to open anyway, but at least it's something). Why did you stop adding that option to modern devices? What made you think that's a good idea to not be able to remove the battery?

8 Replies
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Money now you have to take it somewhere to replace the battery and most people wont they just go and upgrade and thats what its all about money
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

We thank you for the feedback and we will be forwarding it accordingly.  

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userTPkAi4oOVF
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Wow, thanks!

0 Likes
Solution
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
They glued the phone shut for better water resistance.
userTPkAi4oOVF
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Makes sense. Although I don't think that works.

Mayze
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It does! It really does! Take it from me. I'm not going to tell you to dunk your phone in water, but the ip ratings really do work. Look up rating tests on YouTube!
Mayze
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yeah I fix phones a lot. For a while now, it's not easy to open the newer phones. You need a heat gun and mini tools. Adhesive to put it back together. There is a lot of tear down and it is very sensitive. Small cables to keep track of and make sure they're plugged in. It's doable, but not easily if you aren't proficient in electronics
userTPkAi4oOVF
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about.