cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Remove Date/Time/Phone # from Voice Mail Message on Galaxy A11 Verizon Prepaid

Hello, I have a new Samsung Galaxy A11 Verizon Prepaid phone, and am experiencing a minor but annoying problem with Voice Mail.  I was hoping perhaps someone here could help.  I've jumped through hoops to get a solution. 

When I go into Voice Mail, I hear information about the call, before the actual voice mail.  I hear the date and time, along with the phone number of the caller.  I do not want, or need, to hear that information, so I was hoping I could disable it.

According to my research, you go into Personal Options (4), then Administrative Options (2). Once in Administrative Options, you can select Message Review options and Envelope options. 

On my phone, there is no Option 2 for Administrative Options.  I found a PDF file on Verizon's web site that shows you how to navigate through Voice Mail, and it shows an Option 2, but I can't get it on my phone.

I tried calling my own phone, but I got options for setting up Visual Voice Mail.  I tried doing that, but couldn't.  After doing some research, I found something that said VVM is only for iPhones.  Huh?uhHu

So, I called Verizon.  I was on the phone with them for 45 minutes, while they tried to figure out what to do.  They had me add a second call to my phone and merge them for a conference call.  I admit I've never done that before, and at one point, they asked me to switch over to the first call.  Yeah, I disconnected us.  I didn't bother calling back. 

I honestly don't know if this is a Verizon issue, or an issue with this new phone.  I'm really hoping someone here might know of a solution that won't require me to be on the phone with tech support for an hour.  It's not really a BIG deal, but I never heard this information on my previous phone (Motorola Moto G6 Play).

Can anyone help?  Thank you very much.  J. Danniel

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Remove Date/Time/Phone # from Voice Mail Message on Galaxy A11 Verizon Prepaid

It is a Verizon issue. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Remove Date/Time/Phone # from Voice Mail Message on Galaxy A11 Verizon Prepaid

Thank you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Remove Date/Time/Phone # from Voice Mail Message on Galaxy A11 Verizon Pre..

fun I've you know j