Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
iphone vs samsung 

iPhone 11
Iphone 11 water damage- ldi indicator tripped orange by the taptic engine

samsung s20
S20 repair

Samsung repairs are much easier compared to iphone repairs. Samsung uses the same screws compared to apple which has 3 different screws and 3 different torque drivers and cowlings just to replace the screen. I will gladly take samsung repairs all day long. 
8 Replies
cali8702
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Apple is full of complications just goes to show. I love Samsung ❤️ for what it's worth .ever since the note 3.
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My first samsung phone was a note 8 and then the s10. After doing an iphone repair and seeing how complicated it was to make a repair ticket, I'm a samsung person for life! As I mentioned before, Samsung repairs are much easier and less complicated than iphones. If you dont disable find my iphone, you cant submit the repair ticket and other functions of apple's ast 2 system wont work to run the tools you need to calibrate the screen and run post repair diagnostics. A lot of processes at work to get the iphone up and running. The samsung repairs, one and done.
tom2055
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
From my perspective (not a phone technician) apple looks nicer on the inside, but that seems to hinder repairs. Correct me if I'm wrong lol
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It does look nicer, but it does more than hinder repairs- if the screws get stuck in the mant crevices, you're stuck. Ive actually had to turn iphones upside down and use a magnetic tool to get loose or hidden screws out- dont know how I manage, but it works and Im not questioning it lol or if there is water damage and you connect the flex cables and they start warping (sometimes we swap out screens to help the customer out especially to sign out of their apple account or whatever the case maybe) but we ALWAYS give them a disclaimer in case something should happen when we open up the phone. The samsung phones, we have to enter through the backglass to remove the logic board to swap it to the new assembly. Once you see it in person, it's a whole different experience.
0 Likes
BCClemons649
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Samsung uses loads of glue on the batteries though. I would think samsungs are easier to repair.
0 Likes
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Never had to do a battery repair since they are already installed on the new assemblies. It's not like with iphone batteries with the very thin adhesive strips.
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If there was anything to do my galaxy A10E has a scratch on it but it also doesn't act sensitive either the screen on it sometimes doesn't respond to my finger scrolling on it but the sensitivity of my phone started to happen after setup it's not very sensitive on the home screen and it has a scratch on it so if the screen can be fixed that would be great
0 Likes
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hmmm, have you run a diagnostic test through this Samsung Members application? I dont know if you have an authorized samsung repair shop nearby that could take a look at it or a T-Mobile Device Service Experience shop that has technicians on site that can take an in depth look. But I think that's the one we don't physically have on hand.
0 Likes