Original topic:

Request for Future Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Pulse Oximeter/Heart Rate Sensor

(Topic created: 02-07-2023 10:15 PM)
MargeGYoung
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hi!
I would very much like to request for Samsung to put back the Pulse Oximeter or Heart Rate Sensor that came with the older Samsung Galaxy Smartphones.
It's a very useful & convenient feature for users who are closely monitoring their health like I do.
It was really disappointing when I found out that my Samsung phones after the S20 didn't have that feature anymore.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You will have to get a smart watch with these features. Excellent suggestions but that may mean fewer people buying watches.
MargeGYoung
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You have a point.
However, they had those features on their phones before eventhough they already had Smart Watches out in the market.
I think it adds value to their phones.
Plus, not everyone can afford to have a smartphone & smart watch too. That would be in the area of USD2K with the current prices of Smartphones & Smart Watches.
Also, Samsung has already carved a niche in the Smart Watch market. People trust the quality of their products. I don't think it would affect their Smart Watch share of the pie that much.
If I were to invest in a Watch, I would still buy their Smart Watch for convenience in monitoring my health & keeping my phone in my bag.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I agree with you 100% but how many watches were they selling compared to now that they have integrated these features only on watches? I held unto my S8+ for the exact reason and am not really a fan of watches but it's about what makes more money for them.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.