cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meiajs
Asteroid

Require a password to turn off phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I require a pw before turning off my phone. I think this will help if it's lost or stolen and someone tries to turn it off 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Require a password to turn off phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At the moment, no, this isn't a feature that's currently available for any of our devices. But you're welcome to send this suggestion to us via the Feedback option in the Samsung+ app. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At the moment, no, this isn't a feature that's currently available for any of our devices. But you're welcome to send this suggestion to us via the Feedback option in the Samsung+ app. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userHqgoXcTgcJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well my S7 had it the first it didn't like it but now I love it the feature so I'm not sure why you're saying this doesn't happen for any your phone to multiple people saying that it does for previous versions so what gives do you not know what you're talking about

VeeSter
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So took me some time, and I finally found it! This solution worked for my Samsung S8.

Problem:

Someone can easily power off the phone when the phone is locked. I want a passcode enabled when someone attempts to power off the device when the phone is locked.

Solution:

1) Go to the following website: http://findmymobile.samsung.com

2) Once logged in, in the box on the right side of the screen there are plenty of options for your device. We need to click "Lock".

3) There's an explanation of what it does. Click "Next". Type in a PIN number and the other optional information.

4) Device will become locked remotely. Use the PIN to unlock. Next time you attempt to turn off the phone on the lock screen, it will ask for the PIN or any of the other password types. Voila, problem solved!