JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Restoring contacts /pics and tracking phone that was stolen

(Topic created: 10-09-2018 12:47 PM)
useraPwwgzjKVG
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My j7 phone was stolen. I have 2 questions. How do I get the contacts and pictures I had on that stolen phone? Also how can I track my phone?

0 Likes
8 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. Same thing happened to me not too long ago. As far as tracking, there isn't much. You can try using the findmymobile.samsung.com link if you have remote accessing turned on within the samsung account. The only downside, is that the remote accessing would have had to have been turned on prior to the device being stolen. You can also try Android Device Manager from Google. The only real difference is that one pulls from the Google Account and the other from the Samsung Account. It will not give you an exact location, but I believe it's accurate within "X" amount of feet. As far as contacts and pictures, these would have needed to be saved to a cloud account or other storage location in order to retrieve them. For example, if you had set up to have your contacts sync to your Google account, then signing into that Google account on a different device would pull in those synchronized contacts. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user2NiqgPFkIs
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My j7 was stolen how do I track it and get my stuff off the phone 

0 Likes
user2NiqgPFkIs
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

How do I do this 

MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If your device has been registered Samsung account, we recommend using your Samsung Account to find your device and it will also allow you to restore contacts.

Findmymobile troubleshooting steps are located here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001539/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userwmv5AVLRYN
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

that can only work if the phone has not been hard reset..  otherwise forget it 

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
userHnXTQVWaH1
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

How do I block or lock the stolen phone and make it unworkable for the thief 

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You would need to call your carrier and have them "blacklist" the IMEI number on the device. 

0 Likes