cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user7oUOKvCpdd
Constellation

Ringtones are not very loud on Galaxy J3 (2016)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been having problems hearing ringtones on my Galaxy J3 (2016) phone.

Have all the volume controls set to full, yet can barely hear a good majority of my tones.

Model number: SM-J320R4  Android version: 6.0.1

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Ringtones are not very loud on Galaxy J3 (2016)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @user7oUOKvCpdd

If you are looking for ringtones that are louder than the stock ringtones, I would recommend looking into third party apps that would allow you to make custom ringtones. It is recommended to read all User Reviews, Comments, and Information provided by the developer about compatibility prior to purchase or download. 

9 REPLIES 9
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @user7oUOKvCpdd

If you are looking for ringtones that are louder than the stock ringtones, I would recommend looking into third party apps that would allow you to make custom ringtones. It is recommended to read all User Reviews, Comments, and Information provided by the developer about compatibility prior to purchase or download. 

user3b2cyzZ2Yq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RING TONES SHOULD BE BUILT IN WITH THE GALAXY J3 WHAT IS UP WITH GOING TO ANOTHER PARTY OUTSIDE THE BOX, SO TO SPEAK, OF THE PHONE  ITSELF. I'M PAYING FOR BETTER SERVICE WITH A BEAUTIFUL PHONE WITH MORE FEATURES THAN I KNOW HOW TO USE. THING BOUT IT IS, I'M GOING TO LEARN MORE AND MORE UNTIL I LEARN TO WRITE SOFTWARE. 

user35Thvm3nfR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you please make a specific ringtone recommendation.  This is a specific problem with the J3 and J7 and deserves a serious Samsung engineering support and not what appears to be a "pass the buck" suggested solution PLEASE.

userLk3o0hKWX5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is dumb... I am hearing impaired and CANNOT HEAR ANY OF THE RINGTONES ON MY NEW SAMSUNG.... wish I had stuck with my Iphone which I could hear perfectly well. Why should I have to spend my time looking for 3rd party add-ons... this should be a no brainer addition on ANY phone for hearing impaired people. I'm a bit angry.

userdX13QKfHmS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I suggest that you use external 3rd party android applications which provide your with loud ringtones. These will surely help. The problem is not with the phone but it the make of the in-build speaker and that is the only output you can get. There is no other way to make it louder.

K Suresh
userQCI8qR9gCC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to Zedge they offer ringtones galore! You'll find what you need

userSmK5m3aKMD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
not any good answers... thx anyway
davidamosy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I may know a site you know. That is: a blog allows users to download free ringtones: ringtones gratis para el celular

userTU6arHw4qk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Greetings !!

I doubled my Galaxy J3 Luna Pro's (S337TL) volume- so I can hear it from another room now. Here's how....

From your home screens choose the blue button with a white gear in the center, it is:

Settings>

Choose

Sounds and Vibration>

Choose

Default Volume key control>

set it to

Media.   (not Ringtone)

I chose to use the ringtone "Sparkle" because it is annoying at any volume, sure to catch your attention.  Sounds like demented wood peckers working on a metal lamp post....

Leave it silent if you're with people who's opinion of you matters.

(I'll check if I have cut my Media volume (music and videos) in half- not a big deal if using ear buds anyway....)

My reasoning follows in a few disjointed paragraphs, devolving into a rant.

My faulty logic, but correct intuition, have led to my reason for thinking that this was the culprit-  because the phones were shipped to us with the factory setting for Default Volume key control- set to Ringtone.

Like the those underlined words are a set. Volume and RIngtone in the same breath.

Break up that marriage  !!!

The learning curve on this phone has been harrowing because it is not intuitive, user friendly, self-evident, or logically apparent. I aced college logic.

‘when learning to code-

we were using punch cards then

Believe, logic ruled.

-- Coder's Haiku.

Burma Shave.

My salvation in buying an obsolete phone:

It's an OK phone, I was hoping for better cameras.

Oh well, it only cost me $50.

If I accessorized it, with a case or protective glass, either would be almost my cost for the phone itself.

I'm ok with a new 4G phone, at least I won't be endangering the transglobal populace because of 5G ruining severe weather forecasting.

(G5 transmission is very nearly on the same band with the microwave band that weather satellites monitor, cutting right through the precipitation- and gathering infomation on temperatures and wind speeds.

You know, for forecasting 10 days ahead nowaday's.

Those skinny scutlebutt preachers are saying it'll roll us back to the 1980's for the kind of severe weather forecasting we'll end up with .)

Kinda like Y2K & Dutch Elm Disease get married.

Cheers !!

Ok, all of that was wrong, but in a good way.

The Volume on my media player is definitely twice as loud too. So a double win.

Don't tell those Samsung telecom engineers that they failed in attempting to enrich themselves by selling LOUD ringtones on a thinly-veiled black Website, secreted deep in Samgungville.

Joy.

Hey, wasn't that one of the replies? Go a-shoppin' for compatible grinding sound files?

Some people.

Sad.