Original topic:

Bad S7 Battery life

(Topic created: 07-01-2019 08:44 PM)
Samsung_hlcXsgk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does anyone know why my S7 is dying randomly even with battery. It can be at 60 percent and turn off.. When u charge it again the battery is completely drained

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Samsung_hlcXsgk wrote:

Does anyone know why my S7 is dying randomly even with battery. It can be at 60 percent and turn off.. When u charge it again the battery is completely drained

This occurs when the battery wear level, or cycle count is too high. The OS is configured for a set range, but if the battery 's operating range is marked by disparity the % shown will be incorrect. In other words, 60% is likely 0-5%.

The best resolution is a new battery, because yours should be put to pasture my friend. Samsung or Ubreak will be able to assist with battery replacements. 

Avoiding this headache is simple. Lithium is sensitive to the extremes, similar to how humans dislike harsh conditions. High and low voltages place great stress on the cells. Over the course of years deep discharges will lead to what you're experiencing. 

For this reason I follow the 25-80 rule. Even antiques like my Note 4 still work really well despite being older than your S7. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Samsung_VaS9fvt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It could be because either you dropped your phone so many times or you leave you're phone on for a long time and dont shut it off when it needs to be charged that's what I can think of cause its happend to me .

Solution
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Samsung_hlcXsgk wrote:

This occurs when the battery wear level, or cycle count is too high. The OS is configured for a set range, but if the battery 's operating range is marked by disparity the % shown will be incorrect. In other words, 60% is likely 0-5%.

The best resolution is a new battery, because yours should be put to pasture my friend. Samsung or Ubreak will be able to assist with battery replacements. 

Avoiding this headache is simple. Lithium is sensitive to the extremes, similar to how humans dislike harsh conditions. High and low voltages place great stress on the cells. Over the course of years deep discharges will lead to what you're experiencing. 

For this reason I follow the 25-80 rule. Even antiques like my Note 4 still work really well despite being older than your S7. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.