cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQ7qZPLRomm
Constellation

S8 Active should receive Android 10 why?

Bottom line it's the last of it's kind. 

Many Samsung users are still sporting the s8 Active. To not push 10 at least for this model would be quite Apple like honestly. 

Yeah there's speculation of a new Galaxy Active. But not "S ACTIVE" and from what I am seeing it's going to be built like the "A" line of phones. Not so great processors in what most likely will be a cheaper plastic rubberized body. Bleh. Come on Samsung be a sport. 

Btw I never liked the S Active line and then I got my hands on an s8 Active And I am in love and deeply saddened there will no longer be an S Active line to look forward to. So help me hold on to this gem for the next few year's. I might not upgrade my business phone(2nd phone) to the Honor 9x

Huawei's Tech Making You look A Fool will be another post for another time.

(Liquid cooling system)

3 REPLIES 3
T12icky0
Astronaut

Re: S8 Active should receive Android 10 why?

I totally agree, my note 8 is more than capable of running android 10. I feel kinda robbed as even low budget phones like the A series is getting it.

userQ7qZPLRomm
Constellation

Marketing yet it's not good business sense. Samsung just got a boost in new buyer's people fed up with Apple switching to Android one major reason being that type of marketing scheme.

So basically Samsung is going to make these new customers feel as though they were duped into switching for now reason really. 

Well I purchased my Huawei Honor 9x earlier today it's on the way and well I guess it's  Good Bye Samsung.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Traditionally the S series only gets two major updates. For the S8 it got 8.0 and 9.0. Your device will continue to get small security updates, but it won't get Android 10. If you want the newest features, you'll have to get the newest phone unfortunately. That's how marketing works.