Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user50lsN01aCB
Asteroid

SAMSUNG GALAXY A50 OVERHEATING ISSUE

BOUGHT SAMSUNG GALAXY A50 FEW MONTHS AGO. TODAY IT JUST STARTED SHOWING ERROR

"DEVICE POWERED OFF AUTOMATICALLY"

"YOUR DEVICE OVERHEATED. IT TURNED OFF TO PREVENT DAMAGES."

IT SHUTS DOWN AND STARTS AUTOMATICALLY. I REST IT FOR 4 HOURS, STILL CONTINUE DOING SO. ONCE OR TWICE IT APPEARED ON THE SCREEN "DEVICE COLLING DOWN". BUT THEN AGAIN THE SAME OVERHEATING ISSUE.

NOW IT STARTED SHOWING UP THREE ICONS VERTICALLY ON THE SCREEN POWER OFF, RESTART AND EMERGENCY CONTACT. THE OVERHEATING ISSUE STILL PERSISTS

DID FACTORY DATA RESET; BUT IT DOESNT HELP. 

REMOVED SIM MEMORY CARD AND EVERYTHING AND TRIED. NOTHING HELPED.

CAN YOU PLEASE GUIDE ME TO FIX THE ISSUE PLEASE?

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY A50 OVERHEATING ISSUE

Hi there, I would recommend having your phone evaluated by a certified technician. If you would like to send your device into a Samsung service center please send me a private message with your full model code and IMEI number. Alternatively, you have the option of taking the phone to a local uBreakiFix location to be looked at.

user50lsN01aCB
Asteroid

I LIVE IN A REMOTE AREA WITH NO ACCESS TO ANY SERVICE CENTRE. THE NEAREST ONCE PROBABLY IS 80 MILES.

ALSO, IS IT CHARGEBLE TO GET IT FIXED FROM SERVICE CENTER?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If your device is still under warranty and there is no physical or liquid damage to the device the service repair should be covered under your warranty.

user50lsN01aCB
Asteroid

GOT THAT

NOW IT STARTED SHOWING UP THREE ICONS VERTICALLY ON THE SCREEN POWER OFF, RESTART AND EMERGENCY CONTACT. THE OVERHEATING ISSUE STILL PERSISTS. 

AND IT ALSO MAKES AN OUTGOING CALL TO EMERGENCY NUMBER AUTOMATICALLY!!

I THINK I SHALL HAVE TO GO TO SERVICE CENTER AS SUGGESTED BY YOU.

user50lsN01aCB
Asteroid

THIS IS REALLY BECOMING A QUESTION FOR ME "IS SAMSUNG A GLOBAL BRAND??".

MY SAMSUNG GALAXY A50 WAS BOUGHT IN INDIA. I AM IN US RIGHT NOW AND WILL REMAIN HERE FOR NEXT FEW MONTHS. AND FEW DAYS BACK MY PHONE STARTED SHOWING ERROR FOR OVERHEATING WITH ORANGE SYMBOLS ON IT. IT EVEN STARTED SWITCHING OFF WITH THE OVERHEATING ISSUE ON THE SCREEN WHEN PHONE WAS TURNED ON. 

AS DIRECTED BY THE COMMUNITY MEMBER, I WENT TO SEARCH FOR THE STORE. TO MY SURPRISE, THERE IS NO WALK IN STORE FOR SAMSUNG IN ENTIRE OKLAHOMA STATE!

SAMSUNG PRO REPRESENTATVIE ASKED ME TO VISIT BEST BUY STORE SINCE EVERY BEST BUY STORE HAS A SAMSUNG REPRESENTATIVE TO ASSIST SAMSUNG CUSTOMERS AS PER THEM. SO I VISITED BEST BUY TOO, JUST TO FIND OUT THAT NONE OF THE BEST BUY IN OKLAHOMA STATE IS HAVING SAMSUNG REPRESENTATIVE AT THE STORE!! WHAT A COMMUNICATION GAP!! I WONDER HOW DO THEY UPDATE THEIR CALL CENTER TEAM!!

THEN AGAIN I CALLED UP CUSTOMER CARE SAMSUNG PRO, AND TO MY SURPRISE, THEY JUST ASKED ME TO CONTACT THE COUNTRY FROM WHERE THE DEVICE WAS BOUGHT! OKAY, I DID THAT TOO, AND SAMSUNG INDIA WANT ME TO VISIT ANY CUSTOMER SERVIE CENTER IN INDIA!!

MEANS TO GET MY PHONE REPAIRED, I HAVE TO VISIT INDIA!! FANTASTIC!!

I REALLY REGRET MY DECISION TO BUY SAMSUNG OVER APPLE.

@SamsungJace , CAN YOU HELP ME WITH ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVE THAN SAMSUNG SERVICE CENTER? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I apologize for the confusion and any inconveniences. However, we do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, in which we do not have access to

user50lsN01aCB
Asteroid

BUT HOW CAN SAMSUNG BE VERY SURE EVEN WITHOUT INSPECTING THE PHONE?

SECONDLY, FOR SUCH PRECISE CASE, WHY SHALL CUSTOMER SUFFER?

APPLE FOR THAT MATTER, COMES WITH AN INTERNATION WARRANTY. 

MY QUESTION TO SAMSUNG TEAM IS: NOW WHAT SHALL I DO WITH MY PHONE? SHALL I DONATE IT SOMEWHERE?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend visiting this link to get to the community page in your area: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html

user50lsN01aCB
Asteroid

I dont know how that would help me; since samsung support team and Samsung Pro representative clearly asked to TAKE THE PHONE TO THE SERVICE STATION IN THE LOCATION THE PHONE IS BOUGHT FROM!

Can you help me with suggesting the local mobile phone repair shop in Lawton OK or Oklahoma City OK?

I dont want to handover phone to any of the unreliable repairers. Would be grateful if you can guide.

I HAVE LEAST EXPECTATIONS NOW FROM SAMSUNG!!