Original topic:

SD card issue

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Kathy E
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My Galaxy A10e has stopped recognizing my SD card. It says there is no SD card inserted when there is a SD card inserted. I would greatly appreciate any help with this!

0 Likes
10 Replies
poky3210
Halo
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Your SD card might be corrupt. You can try to see if your computer recognized it or not. It probably just went bad
0 Likes
Kathy E
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yeah, it doesn't show up on my laptop, either.

0 Likes
Kathy E
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It worked fine until I had to do a factory reset on my phone. Might that be the reason?

0 Likes
N-V-M
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Take it out, put back in
0 Likes
Kathy E
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks, I have done that several times.

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Kathy E unfortunately SD cards do fail. Have you tried reading the SD card in another device (PC, tablet, other phone, etc.)? 

View solution in context

0 Likes
Kathy E
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I did. My laptop does not see it either.

0 Likes
Vilen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Its might be corrupted, if you need to back up the data connect it to other sources like PC and retrieve it. If its says corrupted on PC then you only choice is to forget about the data and try formate it. Also it maybe permanently corrupted or have issues with file system. There is Storage softwares for pc that can help you remake it. Most common issues is when you set your SD to be part of the phone storage or to be encrypted in this case after you reset it like putting it in the new phone which is not encrypted to be used with it anymore. Overall, most likely your card is done for. But won't hurt to those options. Also try to clean the connections on the card with Medical Alcohol.
0 Likes
Kathy E
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have cleaned it, tried it in my laptop (it is not seen there either)  and removed and re-inserted in my phone. Looks like it's toast. Thanks.

0 Likes