JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SG A20 Screen & Other Issues

(Topic created: 09-01-2021 03:01 PM)
EjmLsgA20
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Why am I seeing layers upon layers of apps & the keyboard screen on my cell phone home screen and over other apps when open - that are not always open apps? This issue began after the 3rd or 4th software update when purchased 2 years ago, and it also shows up in images in My Gallery! This is a(n undoubtedly) software glitch. I use my camera a lot for keeping memories in photos & videos that are precious to me. 
Moreover, I've had more issues & glitches in my cell phone every time there's another software update!?! After the last software update I receive a chronic err message "this app cannot be installed" - What App? I haven't installed any new app, thus I'm left to assume it's the software update which cannot be installed. Currently I receive a chronic err message "Network Keeps Closing" and frequently find internal Settings have been changed - preventing me from use, and having to consistently reset apps!?! 
I have been told I need a full diagnostic on my cell phone to locate these issues and possible infections to fix them. I have insurance coverage - so why am I having to pay for this diagnostic? 
7 Replies
EjmLsgA20
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Also, biometrics (fingerprint & facial recognition) hasn't worked since earlier software update this year (2021)
Zulu12
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This is most likely happening because of the interference of two apps one of a new systems app and one app you have downloaded or stored issues.
EjmLsgA20
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
How do I find it to fix it?
EjmLsgA20
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
So, I have not downloaded any new apps. However, my provider service, Sprint merged with T- Mobile, who sent me a new sim card to remedy network (call) issue. But it didn't resolve the keyboard app ghost issue ... yeah, it looks like it never fully closed, translucent over or under my home screen and any other app I open to use, which happened following a software update. Also the Network error remains persistent. I'm guessing it's a software conflict; where built-in apps designed for Sprint may be conflicting with T-Mobile? Now I'm not a tech but if one could guide me, I could probably resolve these annoying issues. 😉
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

sounds like a head ache worthy issue with the device.....

I suggest just submitting error report to Samsung Members, each report separate for each issue. If you group them they get rejected since it can't be categorized.

EjmLsgA20
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
How do I do that when it does not give me the option?
0 Likes
Solution
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I think A20 can also do Dex mode with PC like the S series devices right? Can you try to plug the phone to your computer and use the dex mode to report through Samsung Members app?

Or... if you had your phone connected to your Windows (if you use windows) then Your Phone app that comes with the Windows should also let you control the phone on your computer.

Hope this helps.

In the case that neither works... You could

1. chat with Samsung's service member by contacting them through website and see if you could send in your phone or if they could set up a service for you... 

2. take it to UBreakIFix if there is one near you, and ask them to help pull the logs (phone issue data) to report the issue.