Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM-J737P J7 refine phone almost no sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model SM-J737P 

Hardware J737P.04

Software J737PVPU4BSJ2

J7 Refine

A couple weeks ago, I started using a bluetooth headset, that's when the problems started. Everytime I would connect the bluetooth, and the phone would ring or text message notification, I would get a pop up on my phone screen it wasn't there long enough to read all of it, but it said something like "WARNING loud noises can cause hearing loss...........", and I had to click "OK" before it would let me answer on the bluetooth. Then the notification would pop  up sometimes, when my bluetooth wasn't connected. Then it started popping up every time the phone rang, or I had some other notification tone. Then the ringtone/notification volume started dropping. Every time the pop up showed up the volume would be a little quiter. Now the popup is popping up less, and less, however the volume is still dropping. It's almost to the point that if I don't keep the phone in front of me, so I can see it light up, or keep my bluetooth in, a lot of times I can't even hear it and miss calls, or text, because it's so quit. Before someone says it, yes the volume is all the way up, I have triple and quadruple checked that. Also now, I tried to watch a youtube video last night, and there was no sound, volume all the way up, and still can't hear it. I have went in Settings, and checked all my settings I can think to check, no luck.  How do I get my volume back? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SM-J737P J7 refine phone almost no sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PROBLEM NOT FIXED JUST GOING TO TRASH PHONE AND START OVER

I did try that link, ending in doing a complete factory reset, at this moment my ringer/notification volume settings are set wide open, full blast, and if I'm more than 5 feet from the phone, I can not hear it ring. I have defaulted to keeping it so I can see it light up, or laying on my lap so I can feel it vibrate, so I don't miss it ring. 

At this point, we have been planning on changing our carrier as soon as all 4 lines could be changed without taking an early termintion hit, so I just wanted to get a couple months out of the phone, but it looks like I'll go ahead and move the numbers I can now, and move the rest later. 

Thanks for trying. We've only used Samsung phones for many years, and less than 10% have been problimatic. That's a good record, so we'll stay with Samsung, just not this specific phone. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tested the device in safe mode to see if the symptoms persist? Have you tried resetting your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried resetting. How do I put it in safe mode?  Thank you for replying. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome. I'm happy to assist.

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode. Please follow the steps below: 1. Turn the device off. 2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen. 3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key. 4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key. 5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting. 6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen. 7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode. 8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device. Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Verified that sound is showing as "Full Volume" not vibrate or silent, before going into safe mode and again after loading into safe mode. Had someone send me a text and all I got was two small viberations, no sound at all. 

Is that what you were looking for? What else do you neeed me to do? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to clarify, while your device is in safe mode are you experiencing the low volume symptoms?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's correct, calls almost no sound at all, text no sound at all. 

Something new, there are times I have turn on my bluetooth headset in order to make or receive calls. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this link a try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001255/

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did try that link, ending in doing a complete factory reset, at this moment my ringer/notification volume settings are set wide open, full blast, and if I'm more than 5 feet from the phone, I can not hear it ring. I have defaulted to keeping it so I can see it light up, or laying on my lap so I can feel it vibrate, so I don't miss it ring. 

At this point, we have been planning on changing our carrier as soon as all 4 lines could be changed without taking an early termintion hit, so I just wanted to get a couple months out of the phone, but it looks like I'll go ahead and move the numbers I can now, and move the rest later. 

Thanks for trying. We've only used Samsung phones for many years, and less than 10% have been problimatic. That's a good record, so we'll stay with Samsung, just not this specific phone. 

View solution in original post