cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wicked665
Cosmic Ray

STILL NO Custom individual text notifications/ringtones??

Custom individual text notifications.... Idk why this feature is so hard to bring back.. I don't want to download another app to be able to use this feature.. my phone had it when I bought it and with the last update you gave out it takes it away?! What the heck kind of UPdate is it when you take features away that were actually useful and clearly you have an abundant group of your customers who agree!? Samsung whats going on with this, is this feature really not coming back, and you're telling me I have to use another product to get it, I know you are probably affiliated with them somehow so it ain't really hurting you, but from experience with each big app like that (Go SMS home, messages, Textra) I add to your device just slows it down or glitches.. why cant my device that I'm paying $800-$900 for do what it did when I purchased it? Smh.. I am really considering straying away from Samsung after this is paid off.. 

~Wicked~
42 REPLIES 42
Aneres
Asteroid

Re: STILL NO Custom individual text notifications/ringtones??

Agreed. Was really hoping it would be back with this update but no.

Give it back! I hate having one tone for all  Notifications. Don't know if it's a s pam email or someone texted me.

@Aneres wrote:

Agreed. Was really hoping it would be back with this update but no.

Give it back! I hate having one tone for all  Notifications. Don't know if it's a s pam email or someone texted me.

I agree with you both, the Ping for all is nerve wrecking at Best, But we are talking Samsung Here they haven't even once come in the thread that has over a 100 pages too address the issue which is Not right!!

userwkzsirmGXT
Asteroid

I agree,  i want the individualized ringtone for text messages back!!

Aneres
Asteroid

Another update. Still not fixed. Cat Mad

bandit381
Cosmic Ray

I miss it too, but there is a work around once there is a text message you can go into the settings of that text message and set a sound. Just dont delete the text message and every time that contact texts you you'll hear that sound

Work arounds do not solve the issue that peole have.  We want the feature put back the same way it has been and the way so many other devices have had forever.  I for one do not want long text chains choking up my message app.  I like it clean every day.  Why do I have to settle for a backwards change?

@userfBGSsCd4Me wrote:

Work arounds do not solve the issue that peole have.  We want the feature put back the same way it has been and the way so many other devices have had forever.  I for one do not want long text chains choking up my message app.  I like it clean every day.  Why do I have to settle for a backwards change?

Same here 

userMfBl8wmpB7
Asteroid

Yes you can change notifications per contact. If you are in your home text screen, click on the person you want to text. Hit the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner, there will be a drop down. 1st thing on the dropdown is notifications. Click it. There will be two options- default and custom. Click custom. 

@userMfBl8wmpB7 wrote:

Yes you can change notifications per contact. If you are in your home text screen, click on the person you want to text. Hit the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner, there will be a drop down. 1st thing on the dropdown is notifications. Click it. There will be two options- default and custom. Click custom. 

That is one thing the contacts don't have the Tones, this is through the message app they have the custom tones but if you delete the thread the tone goes away amd you have to resign the tone next message!! Samsung needs too fix this the right way!!