STILL NO Custom individual text notifications/ringtones??

Constellation

Re: STILL NO Custom individual text notifications/ringtones??

I agree,  i want the individualized ringtone for text messages back!!

Asteroid

Another update. Still not fixed. Cat Mad

Asteroid

I miss it too, but there is a work around once there is a text message you can go into the settings of that text message and set a sound. Just dont delete the text message and every time that contact texts you you'll hear that sound

Work arounds do not solve the issue that peole have.  We want the feature put back the same way it has been and the way so many other devices have had forever.  I for one do not want long text chains choking up my message app.  I like it clean every day.  Why do I have to settle for a backwards change?

@userfBGSsCd4Me wrote:

Work arounds do not solve the issue that peole have.  We want the feature put back the same way it has been and the way so many other devices have had forever.  I for one do not want long text chains choking up my message app.  I like it clean every day.  Why do I have to settle for a backwards change?

Same here 

Astronaut

Yes it does go to your contacts and pick one then go to menu at the top right corner go setting and you change it and for messaging go to your text message app and then pic a contact open it up go to settings for that person and you can change i

Once again, this is not how it worked and this is not how people want it to work.  Before Oreo it lived in the contacts app, permanenelty assigned to a contact.  Whenever a contact texted you it would ALWAYS be the correct tone.  Now you have to reassign the tone each time or keep needlessly long text chains active with EVERY contact just to have them individualized.  This is extremely flawed design.  This thread and the one before it was for people who do NOT want this half baked change, we want it to function the original way.    Samsung ignoring a large customer complaint and not even acknowledging it, or even saying publicly that it can't be done is just terrible, terrible business.  

@userfBGSsCd4Me wrote:

Once again, this is not how it worked and this is not how people want it to work.  Before Oreo it lived in the contacts app, permanenelty assigned to a contact.  Whenever a contact texted you it would ALWAYS be the correct tone.  Now you have to reassign the tone each time or keep needlessly long text chains active with EVERY contact just to have them individualized.  This is extremely flawed design.  This thread and the one before it was for people who do NOT want this half baked change, we want it to function the original way.    Samsung ignoring a large customer complaint and not even acknowledging it, or even saying publicly that it can't be done is just terrible, terrible business.  

ITA Samsung has known this work round wouldn't fly But no one has complained about it till Now, They have this "fixed" supposedly with a new Update but when who knows

Cosmic Ray

So I just noticed that if you 1. go into your text messages and 2. click on a particular individual  s text thred then 3. click into the options menu from there then 4. click notifications then 5. click Custom... BOOM! Individual text ringtone.. BUT the problem is since we are doing this from the text thred if you delete your messages (to improve performance) it removes it.. so once they text you again it will be your defult tone and  you would have to reset it.. I appreciate getting it back idk how long it's been or after which update this happened.. but come on, what makes it so difficult that this can't be a part of the contact like ot was? IDK you almost reeled me back in, but fell short Samsung.. 

~Wicked~

@Wicked665 wrote:

So I just noticed that if you 1. go into your text messages and 2. click on a particular individual  s text thred then 3. click into the options menu from there then 4. click notifications then 5. click Custom... BOOM! Individual text ringtone.. BUT the problem is since we are doing this from the text thred if you delete your messages (to improve performance) it removes it.. so once they text you again it will be your defult tone and  you would have to reset it.. I appreciate getting it back idk how long it's been or after which update this happened.. but come on, what makes it so difficult that this can't be a part of the contact like ot was? IDK you almost reeled me back in, but fell short Samsung.. 

Exactly!! Samsung thinks this what we wanted but it wasn't but do they care No!!