STILL NO Custom individual text notifications/ringtones??

Constellation

Re: STILL NO Custom individual text notifications/ringtones??

No custom notifications...I had it when I paid almost $1k for this phone...I want that feature back.

Who do we complain to that cares what their customers want???

Saw in another thread that the s9 is goig to get access to the Pie beta this month?  Can anyone who decides to join keep us posted on if they fixed this ridiculous issue they caused?

Constellation

You can change ringtones for each user by going to contacts and editing the ringtone assignments. 

Constellation

If they don't fix this a lot of people are going back to APPLE

@userKQgflHnfe3 wrote:

If they don't fix this a lot of people are going back to APPLE

Exactly Thye think they "fix it" by putting the tones in the message app but that has a fly in it when you delete the thread you have too resign the tone again!! Samsung isn't about to fix this they could careless!!

Constellation

Are you all referring to ringtones or texttones? I have Samsung 9+ and am able to assign texttones via the verizon messaging app, and can assign ringtones via the contacts screen. For ringtones- click on person's name, info, edit, view more, ringtone. I have android 8.0.0

Asteroid

Everyone  needs to call 800-SAMSUNG and register a complaint, or they will NEVER restore this feature. I did and was informed that Google is responsible for the OS system software, but they created a ticket that they said they would escalate to  Google. I'm going to  to contact Google  about this issue as well. Both parties need to hear from us. It's a HUGE takeaway.  Either they haven't received enough complaints...or they aren't listening. 

@userTZIciCKaar wrote:

Everyone  needs to call 800-SAMSUNG and register a complaint, or they will NEVER restore this feature. I did and was informed that Google is responsible for the OS system software, but they created a ticket that they said they would escalate to  Google. I'm going to  to contact Google  about this issue as well. Both parties need to hear from us. It's a HUGE takeaway.  Either they haven't received enough complaints...or they aren't listening. 

Right but whta samsung isn't telling you when the Oreo was brought out al most all the Samsung phones that had the feature was taken away, the Google phones had it!! Google may do the updates but samsung removed the feature why we may never know!! There was a page here with al most 200 complaints and the page was removed wonder why?

Asteroid

I agree as well.  I want custom text notifications for each individual contact that way I know who's texting me without having to look.  However you can set a custom notification for a contact as long as you don't delete the thread in your text messages.  This used to be a feature on the older Galaxy phones but I just bought a s9 plus and it is no longer an option.  Please bring this back.

Asteroid

Install Google Messages. Problem solved