STILL NO Custom individual text notifications/ringtones??

Re: STILL NO Custom individual text notifications/ringtones??

@Ranger187 wrote:

Install Google Messages. Problem solved  

That is what samsung wants you do install a 3rd party app, this feature shouldn't have been taken away

Asteroid

custom ringtones have been enabled for months if not since late summer. Messages allows better features. It's merely 1 more app. Not a big deal.

@Ranger187 wrote:

custom ringtones have been enabled for months if not since late summer. Messages allows better features. It's merely 1 more app. Not a big deal.

Google messages has it but it's through the App not the contacts.. If you delete the htread you have to resign the tone again which is a Bummer

Constellation

So u made it happen right or I gotta get it 

Asteroid

Yes you can change notifications per contact. If you are in your home text screen, click on the person you want to text. Hit the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner, there will be a drop down. 1st thing on the dropdown is notifications. Click it. There will be two options- default and custom. Click custom. 

@userMfBl8wmpB7 wrote:

Yes you can change notifications per contact. If you are in your home text screen, click on the person you want to text. Hit the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner, there will be a drop down. 1st thing on the dropdown is notifications. Click it. There will be two options- default and custom. Click custom. 

That is one thing the contacts don't have the Tones, this is through the message app they have the custom tones but if you delete the thread the tone goes away amd you have to resign the tone next message!! Samsung needs too fix this the right way!!

Asteroid

I've never had a problem with it changing if I delete the messages. And there are ringtones and different vibration patterns per contact as well. 

Asteroid

I stand corrected. I never noticed the deletion of the notification after you deleted the whole thread. Thank you! 

@userMfBl8wmpB7 wrote:

I stand corrected. I never noticed the deletion of the notification after you deleted the whole thread. Thank you! 

YW! that is the only thing about this is that if you do delete the Thread the tone is gone and you ahve give it abck next go around which is a Pain! Samsung needs to get this right and fix it! 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I really don't even care about custom notifications for each of my contacts. My gripe is when I hear a notification, I don't know if it is a text, a voicemail, a game or the Walmart app. I have changed the sounds to different things and then Poof! they all sound the same again. I still have a while before my phone is paid off, but Apple is starting to look better...