cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsing Notes - "to use this featue, you need to allow permission in the Setting" issue

Hello everyone,

I have a Samsung A8 (2018), and I just started expercing an issue with the Samsung Notes app. After doing an update (it's now version 4.1.02.1), it will no longer let me view my existing notes. Everytime I click on one, it says: "to use this featue, you need to allow permission in the Settings."

Screenshot_20201121-110139_Samsung_Notes_Add-ons[1].jpg

The thing is though that message doesn't go away, even if I have all the permissions turned on (camera, contacts, microphone, storage, and telephone). As shown below:

Screenshot_20201121-111236_Package_installer[1].jpg

Also, I can make new notes and view them with no issues. I just can't view the ones that were made before this update. I've already tried un-installing and re-installing the app and restarting my phone.

Anyone have any suggestions? If so then it would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsing Notes - "to use this featue, you need to allow permission in the Setting" issue

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.