cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung A10E update. I'm still on 9.

I thought I saw a update was supposed to come in October.  But haven't received one. I'm using Sprint towers. I bought the phone from a Sprint store.  I am on a Government service called Qlink.  But that shouldn't have anything to do with a update to the phone.  Will it ever update?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung A10E update. I'm still on 9.

hi.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Samsung A10E update. I'm still on 9.

hi
Highlighted
Nebula

We had a Security patch in September and an Update in October. I'm on Straighttalk . You aren't missing much. The real change will come in December most likely. Samsung issues them but your carrier has to dump and tie in all of their bloatware before it rolls out to you. Most of the time your carriers whether it be QLink or StraightTalk or Sprint or Verizon have software that is so plain Jane that it needs tweaking to run properly inside the UI . like I said you didnt miss much the real improvements will roll out around December most likely
Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks. Just would be nice to have the phone updated like its supposed to. I'll be surprised if I get a update in December if it's taking this long to get one.
Highlighted
Nebula

My phone updated before Verizons which is my Girlfriends carrier. Same update but you would think the tech crew at Verizon would be much further ahead than normal Straighttalk. Doesnt work that way though because Verizon also comes with a laundry list if their own applications they have to test and tweak before rolling out. Seems like if you find a service that is right in the middle (not horrible but not boasting to be the best) then you have pretty good results. I'd say in all, straighttalk has 3 apps on the phone compared to Verizons 9. Limiting the bloatware from carriers seems to resolve the issue but dont hold your breath waiting for them to do it lol they'll stuff anything they can in there which in turn slows down your internal processor speeds so it's one of those Less Is More that the consumer will have to choose between.
Highlighted
Constellation

I got a security patch update yesterday but still on android 9